Tool tray for atop Radiator support.

Time for an update. Let me clear a few things up. I thought I fixed the problem a few times and such but I have not.

The car was original when I got it. I did not mess with much wiring with the exception of a boost gauge, Alky kit, and fuel pump hot wire. Radio is all stock but was a rebuilt unit with an AUX cable put in. None of this stuff has been an issue before.

I have been going nuts about the test light lighting up while the CLK/CIG fuse was in. I thought for sure that meant it had something going on there. If that circuit is hot all the time and lights on anyone's car than I have wasted a lot of time.

I may have been confusing by saying short. I assumed a short because the light was lit at the negative terminal thinking it wasn't suppose to be and figured short does that. But I think we're talking about a drain here. It has not popped a fuse 1 time.

I have to go back to the drawing board and basics. And I think that means finding the Draw through amp and a multi meter. I have one I just don't really know what I'm looking for with it.

Time for an update. Let me clear a few things up. I thought I fixed the problem a few times and such but I have not.

The car was original when I got it. I did not mess with much wiring with the exception of a boost gauge, Alky kit, and fuel pump hot wire. Radio is all stock but was a rebuilt unit with an AUX cable put in. None of this stuff has been an issue before.

I have been going nuts about the test light lighting up while the CLK/CIG fuse was in. I thought for sure that meant it had something going on there. If that circuit is hot all the time and lights on anyone's car than I have wasted a lot of time. Correct.

I may have been confusing by saying short. I assumed a short because the light was lit at the negative terminal thinking it wasn't suppose to be and figured short does that. But I think we're talking about a drain here. It has not popped a fuse 1 time. Correct.

I have to go back to the drawing board and basics. And I think that means finding the Draw through amp and a multi meter. I have one I just don't really know what I'm looking for with it.
Be real careful w/ checking amp draw with the multimeter. It should be fused, but....
A test amp meter can be hooked between the cable, and the batt terminal. Depending on the time it takes to kill a fresh batt will be an indicator.. 2 days may not be a high load, that can't be checked w/ your VOM. AIRC, My Fluke meter is fused with 10A.
Just remember, working connections on a hot batt, can be dangerous. We always disconnect the ground side, before any device creating a load is hooked/unhooked. One spark, and the gas from the batt can mean a bad day.