Nice 1989 Turbo Trans Am FOR SALE

Lee_Burough

..Never Forget..
Staff member
A good, dependable, nice looking, NO RUST TTA for Sale HERE

I've spent some time anticipating your questions and have answered most questions already in the text below the pictues at the link above. Please read the text before asking questions. :)

Serious inquiries only, please!

This is a great car! I'll drive it to your door.... ;)

lee

Attachments

• 1989 20th Anniversary TTA clipped (Small).JPG
    1989 20th Anniversary TTA clipped (Small).JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,013
Nice car, nice price. I'd love to have it but there would be too much remorse if I sold my GN. Damn....

bishir said:
Not bad, you want to drive it Pensacola? I'll buy you lunch. :wink:
I'd love to drive it to Pensacola! I like lunch ;) Could just 'hop' back home from there for free, via some military cargo plane going West through Colorado Springs :)

John, believe me, I can feel the remorse already....

Had a Brain Fart....

TTT

Mid-week, I deleted the webpage for the TTA in this ad....In case you tried to view the page and nothing was there, its fixed now.

This TTA is priced a little more than some good deals you've seen over the years, but, it IS a better looker and better driver than most. Well worth the little extra for me going through everything and getting it ready for the road or strip, whichever floats your boat :)

Either way, my wife is off my back about the car now....I'll be a happy man if FORCED to keep it :D

LETS MAKE A DEAL :biggrin:

lee

Gentleman, let me tell you one thing: Lee is the most thorough, detail-minded man I have ever met. There is not a shred of doubt in my mind that this car is absolutely tip-top in every way, and exactly as he states, and likely even better.

There is no way you can buy a car like this from a better, more honest fella.

If I was in the market, I wouldn't even need to see pictures.

I could not forgive myself if i bought a fifth car!!! :) Very nice TTA, i will buy one 1 day. :)

dhauser said:
Gentleman, let me tell you one thing: Lee is the most thorough, detail-minded man I have ever met. There is not a shred of doubt in my mind that this car is absolutely tip-top in every way, and exactly as he states, and likely even better.

There is no way you can buy a car like this from a better, more honest fella.

If I was in the market, I wouldn't even need to see pictures.
:Blushing: Thanks Doug.... :smile:

The young man who looked at this car Tuesday said he thought the car is MUCH Better than my descriptions suggested. I just don't want any surprises when I deliver the car to an Internet buyer.

If this young man buys the car, it will be the second TTA I've sold through this board, each TTA sold to a boardmember with "0" posts.....There is a lesson in there somewhere for us all. :)

Do you have any of the original parts that were taken off? Any documentation from the original owner or dealer?

oldtimebaseball said:
What is the VIN and what options does it have?
I've posted the VIN on the website with the pictures and description. Should have done it earlier.... :)

This car is one of the 1324 TTAs with Leather interior and T-Tops. Power steering, 4 wheel power disc brakes, WS6 performance suspension, 4 speed automatic overdrive transmission, power windows, mirrors, antenna, cruise, locking hatch, rear defrost, premium stereo with steering wheel controls, and cold A/C. This TTA comes with the rare T-top sunshades. TTA's have a full dash with ALL the guages the TRs didn't have, inflatable lower seat back bolsters, variable seat side bolsters, the adjustable bolster supporting the back of your thigh, and of course, the 231 CI V-6 :biggrin:

I probably missed something, go ahead and correct me if you want to, I'll look for a complete list and post it if I find it. :)

The only original thing I've removed is the stock turbo intake piping and air cleaner box. Battery, tires, muffler, Fuel pump, fuel filter and hoses have been replaced but I don't have them. Oh, I have one bad Bosch 237 FPR if you want it ;)

I have the owner's manual, and the TTA Supplement to that manual, as well as a few unimportant pamphlets from delivery, that is about it. You could probably research the dealer information. A lot of information is availble through Pontiac Historical Services

I do have some 'known good parts' you will need to troubleshoot this engine, the shop manuals (Thick Trans Am manual and Thin TTA shop Supplement....priceless), and some parts you might want for modifying this car for more performance. Call me and we can talk about it. :)

oldtimebaseball said:
Do you have any of the original parts that were taken off? Any documentation from the original owner or dealer?
Just remembered, I do have the stock turbo I removed from another TTA that could go with the car if you wanted it. :)

Why the alchohol injection? Do you know where the original papers and emblems may be aquired or replaced? Any 1/4 mile times? What does the underside look like? Any accidents - flat spot? What do you mean by turbo elbow with larger puck for higher boost?

HOFSGNX said:
Why the alchohol injection? Do you know where the original papers and emblems may be aquired or replaced? Any 1/4 mile times? What does the underside look like? Any accidents - flat spot? What do you mean by turbo elbow with larger puck for higher boost?

Many TTA owners elect to modify their car to enhance the already exceptional perfomance. My aspirations for performance are not that aggressive and I prefer to leave the engine and heads and transmission as stock as possible until it would need an overhaul.

That said, an Alcohol injection is the easiest way to use pump gas and still raise the boost above 16 PSI without blowing your engine to pieces (most everything else can remain stock, execpt the fuel pump and FPR and an adjustable wastegate to raise the boost on the turbo). The larger wastegate puck makes a better seal on this larger turbo with a ported wastegate hole, allowing boost over 20PSI to maybe 25-26 PSI (stock boost with good gas is about 16-16.5 PSI).

Original emblems are still in good shape and on the car....I don't have the owner's kit and do not know where it is, it was not with the car when I bought it. No quarter mile times. The underside is VERY clean and without rust, its been in California until last year.

No evidence of an accident, parking lot dings yes. I don't know any other way to say flat spot on the face of the right front wheel well, you won't see it the first three times you look at the car.

It boils down to this: This is a good looking TTA with minor cosmetic blemishes in the paint, that runs and shifts like its supposed to, an exceptional interior and everything works except the heater. I'm not afraid to drive to either coast....It has been dependable, and is ready to drive like it is, or, you can turn up the boost and take it to the track and have some fun.

HTH

Thanks for your response. My question on emblems should have been in regards to the decals - and if they cannot be found, are there replacements available? How extensive of troubleshooting on the engine do you anticipate?

HOFSGNX said:
Thanks for your response. My question on emblems should have been in regards to the decals - and if they cannot be found, are there replacements available? How extensive of troubleshooting on the engine do you anticipate?

Decals are available now. You might find a source by doing a search here. I don't like the decals myself, so never looked at it seriously. The car will draw more attention (and radar guns) with the decals, I don't want that.

No troubleshooting necessary now, I've done that for you already.
Any car made in 1989 will eventually have a malfunction of some kind....And, it won't be a time that is convenient for you ;) That is when you need a mechanic who is knowlegable about these engines, or you'll need some known good parts to replace suspected parts to find the malfunctioning component with the least time and trouble necessary. Some of the parts take time to locate and ship to you, you don't want to be waiting when you need that part to troubleshoot, that's why I wanted a box full of known good spares: Stock GM MAF, ECM, Coil, Ignition, EGR Valve, IAC valve, etc..

You probably should call me, we can cover a lot of ground in a few minutes. :)

TTT

hey lee. sorry it has taken so long to reply, i have been pretty busy. i just want to let every one on the board know that if i had just a little better credit that this car would not be up for sale right now i would be driving it.

this car is very clean and runs very well. idles smooth shifts are very clean and crisp. no leaks that i could see.all of the afetr market parts were installed with attention to detail. after meeting lee i think that he might have developed a little obssesion compulsive disorder when it comes to this car. ive never seen anyone actually pay that much attention to small details.

the only things that i found wrong with the car that are easily fixable was a rattle from somewere in the back seat area. and lee said that it needed new t-top seals. painty was i very good condition just a few minor things ont he front bumper and few things that i couldnt see even when he showed me.

i am a master tech at a buick pontiac gmc store in denver. i dont have a lot of experience with these particular cars due to there age but i do know what im talking about this would be a good find for some one looking for oen of these cars. it looks like im just gonna have to wait a little while before i can get one:( if anyone whos interested needs to ask me a few questions that i havent aswered feel free to pm me and i will get back to you

FYI: *** sold ***

I just bought Lee's car. Meet him half way in north texas. The car drove great all the way from Colorado to South Texas (about 1000 miles). Great car Lee, and thanks for everything. I was previous owner of TTA #900 for about 10 years but sold in Dec '02 with 88k miles, but now I am back :)

Roy
-30th T/A #250 with 6k miles
-20th T/A #1489 with 74k miles

Veesixx said:
I just bought Lee's car. Meet him half way in north texas. The car drove great all the way from Colorado to South Texas (about 1000 miles). Great car Lee, and thanks for everything. I was previous owner of TTA #900 for about 10 years but sold in Dec '02 with 88k miles, but now I am back :)

Roy
-30th T/A #250 with 6k miles
-20th T/A #1489 with 74k miles
Well Roy, I'm glad you got home OK :)

I drove home with the windshield wipers on for the first ten miles....I realized shortly it was the tears in my eyes that reduced my visibility ;)

I thought I was a detail person....I'm happy to report that Roy is extremely deliberate in his analitical approach to gathering infor about this car.
A friend of the former California owner, he was so thorough that he was not surprised at anything he saw....I think this car runs a bit better than his previous car though :) I gave him a little demonstration before he drove the car and broke traction with half throttle :D

I'll miss this car! It has a good home now, I can live with that. :D