NGK 5430 BCR8ES found

outatime86

Just wanted to share that I found a location in the US (Seattle) for NGK 5430 BCR8ES. While looking early on I could only find them via ebay or international race shop and 3+ week wait for shipping.

Below the parts collective has several dozen in stock and can shipped out right away. I emailed and talked to Bernard at the shop.

I was told these are for full tilt running WOT high boost with alky, not really meant for street at all. For use with champion aluminum heads

Also want to mention that this site has FREE SHIPPING!

These are resister based, there is some discussion that I think we should run (non_projected) plugs?? Does that sound correct? I may have the term wrong but I am always interested in learning how to not blow the spark out as I have been known to push the boost well past 30#s. Any spark experts in here want to chime in? I am willing to order a couple sets of these if it would offer me some gain…,

The plugs I am running have less than 12 mm reach. Theses plugs are showing 29mm?? What gives? Not trying go pop my pistons..

Sorry, they are listed at 19 mm reach. I’m gonna go TDC with a cylinder and run a micrometer probe in a plug location and see what clearance is before I jump on these…

The issue is also found with aftermkt control systems.
Solid core wires are also a contributor.
I had read about the possible problem with non resistor plugs & stock ECU , and when I tried a non resistor plug it broke up at 15psi . I drove right home and switched back to resistor plugs , problem went away . Less than 5 miles on that set !!
RFI & EMI problems are real , I ran into it at work with PLC's ( programable logic controller ) , LVDT's (linear variable differential transformer ) & communication wiring back to the servers that were run next to 480v power for the machines .

Sorry, they are listed at 19 mm reach. I’m gonna go TDC with a cylinder and run a micrometer probe in a plug location and see what clearance is before I jump on these…
Are you running Champion aluminum heads ?? Because they are for the Champion aluminum heads , not sure if they fit TA aluminum heads .
I ran NGK 4323 , br6fs in my Champion iron heads on E85

Last edited:
I’m running Champion irons. Just ordered a set of 19mm reach 6 heat range. Just want some extra plugs for Nats. Time is of the essence

I just ordered a set of mr43t. I’ll likely need to push the boost up around 40 to be competitive at the Nats. Got the NGKs on order as well. Gotsta have back ups to the back ups..