New XFI Software

Does it work with a 64 bit OS (Win 7) and will it communicate with a USB cable? Just curious.

Does it work with a 64 bit OS (Win 7) and will it communicate with a USB cable? Just curious.

Cal,
Are you saying that the new XFI software will now work with Win 7? I currently cannot use my laptop with Win 7 and XFI.

I heard that the target "ready" to sell to the public date will be in January sometime.... and that they are making a few last min tweaks...... one of which is for variable valve timing control...... like the newest LS motors use..... I assume this would benefit those trying to run say for example.... a 6.0 made within the past few years... +/- 20° cam timing would be awesome!

Kewl!

have about a week until my car is ready for the road, hope they are working on it, i'm ready.

Copied and pasted from another site. Update is looking better and better..

Had a chance to play around with the software yesterday on my laptop. They gave me a almost finished copy for the XFI training class I thought at PRI. All I got to say is wow.. there are some cool things that didn't make it into the flyer.

One big one is, the O2 closed loop correction will turn off when the ECU sees it's on one of the rev limits then will turn back on after launch. So the O2 correction will be interrupted while on the trans break. Way cool, no more running the car in open loop until after launch. For boosted cars: the fixed timing, fixed VE and fixed A/F will be nice for while on the trans break.

The now two rev limiters have a whole bunch of options and you can set priorities so if both are active which one is the rev limiter that is used.

The timed based boost controller works much like the AMS 1000, will work with CO2 and can run in closed loop.

Another big one is the arm switch for the datalogger can now be separate from the PA tables.
The Power Adder target A/F can either be a fixed number, still go off the closed loop table or just be in open loop. So now the Power adder stages can really be effective as a anti lag or boost builder.

I am busy building the injector opening time correction tables for the most common injectors. I hope to get that out to FAST so they can include it with the update too.

i'm really hoping the boost control is of value. kinda sucks to blow 2 grand on the xfi, only to find out you need a seperate boost control like a ams unit. Maybe if i was money racing it'd be different, but for a street car - you'd think some one could tell me how to use the closed loop boost control that was advertised. Hell, the guys at fast couldn't even tell me how to set it up, or what the parameters controled.

I was super excited to hear about the upgrade, but I'm just waiting in the dark now. haven't heard anything, i guess if it happens, i'll be like a kid at christmas with a new toy.

As long as it is taking, I hope there are no bugs in it. You, know everytime windows gets the bugs out of an operating system, they introduce a new one. Perhaps fast will get all the bugs out before it's released. The latest flash that fixes the knock sensor issue isn't even on the fast website. Had Cal not posted that info here, i wouldn't have a working knock retard.

It isn't available yet, but I expect it by the end of the month.

Nearly all the advantages that Scott cut and pasted are already available in 1.340 Either the original author is running 1.300 or older software or he is clueless.

413turbo: The open loop boost control is very similar to the factory settings. The closed loop is a little more complicated. Give me a call and I will try and go over it with you.

After re-reading my post I realized you're right about these options already being in ver 1.34 Cal. Strange because the original author claims to be a XFI training class instructor.;) Btw, how effective is the boost control in closed loop mode?

Btw, how effective is the boost control in closed loop mode?

The biggest challenge is determining the correct slew rate and gain table. If you use MAP as a referance, it will work similar to an Innovate unit in manifold mode when set up properly. When using Analog 8, I used a sensor to log CO2 pressure and it worked like the Innovate in exhaust mode.

I'll admit I prefer the AMS unit, but think that a smart budget racer could use the XFI boost control with moderate success.

Will self learning work at idle?

It was my understanding as of Jan 1...... the self learning would be disabled on a forced induction type engine (anything with a MAP sensor other than 1 bar). I was hoping they would have it enabled.....

Hopefully, you can have the option to turn the self learning on and off at a certain KPA, even using a 3 bar map. I am starting to gain interest in this feature.