new version of winaldl

I get an error when trying to install with XP Pro. What's the fix for this?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Turb

Originally posted by turb
I get an error when trying to install with XP Pro. What's the fix for this?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Turb

I'm running it on XP Pro...no problems.

Did you unzip the folder prior to install?

Got it going on my desktop but now have to get it to the laptop. Problem is that I have Windows 95 there and the installer won't work with that. Also, it looks like the program itself might not work with 95 either. At least he says you need 98 or higher. I'm probably not the only one running an old junk laptop so it would be nice to get it working on these old timer's. Any ideas?

Awesome!

I especially like the future plans...like "Develop a replacement for DirectScan." That will be sweet.

Great to see further development in the diagnostic scantool area.

Glad to see that the news got over to this board!

This program is not a new version of WinALDL, I was fortunate enough to get some code to get started from the author of WinALDL, and have used it. The program is totally different and is completely tailored for Turbo Buicks.

I didn't list windows 95 on the compatibility test because I didn't have the ability to install it on an 95 computer to check and see if it would work. If you e-mail me, I can fix the installer for windows 95 in a custom version for you (and maybe others). That would be super valuable to me.

87 GN - Stock Turbo/Intercooler/Injectors
Hotwired Walbro 340 w/Accufab Adjustable FPR
3" downpipe w/Turbonetics Evolution

I installed it on a 95 machine and the install portion seemed to go fine however, it would not communicate with the cars computer. Pretty sure I have the cable built right so I ‘m going to give it a shot with a newer laptop that is running ME on it. I have to get a serial to USB connecter though, there is no serial connection on this laptop. It is awesome that you did this! I kept thanking how I really didn’t want to spend a bunch of money on scanning software and Turbometer looks pretty cool so far!

By the way does anyone have any idea what the maximum cable length would be before you run into problems?

I have windows xp, I installed the program but not sure what to do after that, how can I view it or get it to run? Do I click on the other two files?

paul

I am pretty impressed with TurboMeter.

After purchasing my GN some time ago, funds were running low so I used WinALDL. I built the cable and used the program for some time. I borrowed a friends TurboLink and then wanted it. I changed my mind and went with DS because of the frame rates. I still use it today.

Today, after noticing this thread, I downloaded TurboMeter and pulled out my old cable. I was very impressed with the new features. You can't beat a free data logger.

Kudos to the developer.

Very nice looking program.

Is there any way to make this full screen? Thanks.

To be honest, I can't really say. I was hoping that someone could test it out for me. It seems that the windows installer will have to be upgraded, hence the link that I mentioned above. Beyond that, I think that it will work fine, but I can't test it due to lack of a win95 computer of any sort.

Contact me if you need help with any of this and would like to test it out for me and other possible win95 users.

I do have one request. I don't know if it's possible in this edition, but could it be possible that the alarms remember if they are armed or not. You can set the alarm and it retains all the settings, but it does not return if the alarm is armed or not. So everytime you bring the program up it has to be rearmed. I know it's easy to do with just the number keys, but I would like for it to retain these settings when shut down.

I can't remember why I made that the default... I think I had a good reason at the time, but I can't recall it now.

I think that I will make that happen in the next version.
Good suggestion, keep them coming, all!

95 Install

I'll give it another shot to install on Win 95 tomorrow. Will let y'all know how it goes.

I had installed it on a win95 laptop before and the installation of the software went fine. I could not get it to connect to the cars computer so I tried a lap top with ME and a USB connector. Still wouldn’t work so I looked at the cable I made and I had the serial connection prongs plugged in wrong, It is always a good thing to look at the diagrams in detail!;) Works great now. I will give it another shot on a win 95 laptop this week and let you guys know how it worked. Unless someone else is already testing it.

Also I think if the alarms would hold their setting that would be great too.

All in all I think it is awesome though