New (used) SMC kit - Need advice

Buick Beginner

Where is my $$$ going?
Gentlemen,
Good evening, I picked up a used SMC kit without the directions, so I'm looking for a bit of advice. What are some things I should do before trying to use the kit, (other than trying to find a copy of the instructions)? I have no idea what this "Klotz oil" is, or what it does. Any suggestions. - BB

P.S. I think the kit is about a year old, it has a square bottle with a pressure gauge on top.

Yeah Steve is a great guy. I'm sure he has the directions 'on tap' and could E-Mail them to you.

I'll look around. I think I may still have the instructions for my kit. If so, I'll PM you. The Klotz is an upper cylinder lube that according to the instructions was necessary for the fuel pump pumping the alky. It may also help with lubrication in the combustion chamber. Add enough and mix so that the mixture gives off a pinkish hue. It shouldn't take more than a tablespoon per gallon of alky.

When you get the kit in your car turn the pump speed up until it will cause your car to stumble at idle. Give it a run then adjust as necessary. Keep in mind that the turn-on point knob goes all the way around a few times. You might have to turn it once or twice to increase or decrease the boost point to your liking.

Good Luck,

James

It sounds like you have the same basic kit as the new single nozzle one. I've got the square half gallon tank and the pressure gauge on top. If you want directions I can take a digicam pic or two of my directions and email them to you. Hopefully they'll be readable. I'm sure Steve has them as a PDF and that'd probably be better, but if for some reason you want pics, let me know, I still have the directions SOMEwhere.

Thanks

Thanks guys I appreciate it, I'll call Steve and get a copy, of if not I'll take up some of the nice offers! - BB:D