New Turbo owner

70GS_87GN

Hello!

My name is Louie, I'm a 20 year old college student from PA. When I'm not in school, I'm usually working at my dad's repair shop. We have been in business since my grandpa started it in 1953, we have been a buick family all our lives.

Currently we have 15 older buick a sitting around from 1963-1973. On my own, I own a 70 GS (my first car), a 68 skylark (for sale), and a 1971 Stage 1.

I've always been a GN fan but never found one that fit me, until now.

The car is a 37K mile loaded car. All original. Some options: T-Tops, stereo concert sound, digital dash, block heater, etc. the original window sticker reads MSRP as 19,101. Now for the good part: the car was hit hard in 02 and has been sitting since. It needs a frame. I have sourced an 84 monte and plan to switch EVERYTHING over. My goal is to have the car done before winter. My first question: what paint was originally used on the frames? My dad suggested "Rusty Jones undercoating" but it was just a guess and we want to do this car right. Thanks!
Louie
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Welcome to the site! That's a beautiful GN despite the damage. Nice to see that it'll be ressurected instead of being parted out. The frames were just painted with a chassis black paint; nothing fancy. Doing a frame off job provides you the opportunity to use more durable product than Buick used.

^^^What Mean Buicks said.Check into powder coating it and you will never have to mess with it again.

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions! Next question: where would be the best section to post progress? In this thread or members rides?

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions! Next question: where would be the best section to post progress? In this thread or members rides?

I'd put it in the "restoration section". A worthy project for a great looking hot rod. Congrats on having a rare, low mileage, GN.
Welcome to the site. Let us know if you have any questions. Your passion for these cars, is our passion too.:)

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard