New TT Street Chip thoughts

Taylor04

Car: AR-60 turbo, KB Intake/Exhaust Manifolds, NGK UR5's, electric fuel pump...reads 40-43 psi @ idle and 55-60 @ wide open, Lucas Red stripe injectors, nice intake w/stock maff

had it set at 15 psi with old skool KB chip from original owner and it would always ping a few times at WOT near the shifts, even with a 95-96 octane mix (pump 91 & Sunoco 100).

Put the new TT chip in tonight and finished off the 1/4 tank of 95-96 mix. The car started right up and sounded great, no rough idle or hesitation at all. Drove it for maybe 5 miles at 0-50% throttle feeling it out and finally ran it through the gears. Couldn't hear any pinging or detonation and pulled strong @ 15psi for many pulls

Success!:D Thanks TT!

Do you think I will have to turn the boost down with 91?

Get a Scanmaster. That "pinging" you heard could still be going on destroying your engine.

Yeah, definitely get a scanmaster to monitor engine parameters, get rid of that old KB chip, too much timing in it for todays gas, it's amazing what a TT chip will do for your car!

Okay, I just installed a new alum radiator/160 stat/ dual spal fans. I bought the plug and play Caspers harness for the fans and they definitely kick ass!

-Does my TT chip have the fans set to turn on at a certain temp?

It gets very hot here in the Palm Springs area and want to make sure the fans kick on early enough to keep it as close to 160 as possible.

-Is my chip set to have the fans come on earlier than stock?

Set to come on at 160
Just put in new 3 core radiator,
Cotton's FMIC.
Ram charger fans and Plug and play harness running 163 with fans on