New TR owner here , need help with choosing the right turbo

karol

Canadian limited
My advice is LISTEN to scooby. He’s not trying to sell you anything like a vendor will. Most will sell you stuff that is not needed for your goals. For low 11s or even high 10s a journal 6262 is more than enough turbo. If you have extra money get a ball bearing. Scooby is leading you in the right direction on his tried and true combo. No need to buy stuff you don’t need. You should look to upgrade the trans at that level. Spend your money there. Fyi a 6262 has been 10.20s on a stock motor with valve springs and timing chain, with 38psi and e85. So the turbo is definitely not a limiting factor. Plenty of room to grow if you do upgrades later on. But like scooby said get a powerlogger, maf translator and a lt1 maf. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.
Scooby has been super helpful, & knowledgeable . He knows his shit and is humble
We’ve chatted a few times, and I’ll go with scooby’s Recipe.. the way he explains it makes it a logical choice , and simple to understand how that combo will work
And also to your point , he tells it like it is without sugar coating or selling you bullshit .
Much respect for scooby

Norman C Shibley

25 year ASE master with a 10 sec street driven GN
One word. Powerlogger. I can tell you how to tune it in 5 minutes. You have my number...don't be afraid to call.
Hey Scooby, thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm a retired ASE master but know very little when it comes to how to tune these cars into the ballpark. Getting a 6262 per Lorenz racing advice but he said it will change my tune significantly from a TE-60. It's a daily driver with no power logger but I do have a wideband, EGT, MAF translator and TT chip. I just wondered if there was a flow chart of procedures to get it close before I take it to Brian. thanks again

SCOOBY DOO

I'M NOT A MONSTER, I'M JUST AHEAD OF THE CURVE!!!
Hey Scooby, thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm a retired ASE master but know very little when it comes to how to tune these cars into the ballpark. Getting a 6262 per Lorenz racing advice but he said it will change my tune significantly from a TE-60. It's a daily driver with no power logger but I do have a wideband, EGT, MAF translator and TT chip. I just wondered if there was a flow chart of procedures to get it close before I take it to Brian. thanks again
Contact Eric. He'll know how much more air the 6262 flows more than the TE60. He'll likely reburn your chip. Also let Eric know of any other changes you made. Basically, the chip has to be burned for the EXACT combo and max boost pressure you're gonna run. I'd bet the 6262 flows more air than the TE60...so you'll need more fuel in the chip. If all you're gonna do is cruise it, you really don't need Powerlogger. Eric errs on the side of rich...you should be just fine after the reburn.

Last edited: