LF3/LF4 engine swap

TheGiotine

I am in need of an engine swap on my 87 Regal Turbo. Instead of swapping to a V8 engine I want to somewhat keep the V6 spirit alive and attempt an LF3 or LF4 swap. The engine is out of a Cadillac with either turbo or twin turbo. I want to know what I need to do to make it fit in the engine bay. Any help will be greatly appreciated. If I posted this in the wrong area please excuse my ignorance.

"I want to know what I need to do to make it fit in the engine bay".
Get 1 and see how it fits with an initial mockup?

"I want to know what I need to do to make it fit in the engine bay".
Get 1 and see how it fits with an initial mockup?
I guess that was the wrong way to put it. has anyone tried it and are there motor mounts for it? 12 hour shifts beat me up lol.

Do you have a wrecked car to pull it out of along with any other accessories you might need? I researched the 3.6 for swapping purposes before, it would be cool but it seems expensive trial and error is in order to make it work.

I don’t think anyone makes motor mounts for such a swap, at least that I was able to find before. You’ll have to fabricate those. You are using the Cadillac trans too?

I don’t think anyone makes motor mounts for such a swap, at least that I was able to find before. You’ll have to fabricate those. You are using the Cadillac trans too?
I've been looking and we might have to fabricate it. Cadillac trans too.

I've been looking and we might have to fabricate it. Cadillac trans too.
This would be a very cool swap, post up the results whether it works or not. I'm curious if it will require relocating the turbos to avoid interference with the steering shaft or frame rails. I've seen N/A 3.6's, but never the twin turbo version in person.

You would in my opinion be best off buying a wrecked car with all the various wire harness's and whatnot. I think the LF3 uses an E92 ECM which isn't overly complex to make standalone. The trans might be a little complex without wheel speed sensors, I am not familiar with that modern of transmission control...