New to GN World

NoVA_87_GN

Picked this 87 GN a few weeks ago in Jersey, brought it back to Northern Virginia with me. I've been more in the classic Olds/Buick community in the past, this is my first venture in the GN/TurboBuick world. Seems like she's had some upgrades done to her in the past (came with a nice stack of receipts) which is what I was looking for. Haven't taken her out much yet, been working on other projects, but she's been a blast to drive the few times I've gotten her out. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for the group. I'll get some more pics up soon. Anyone else in the NoVA area let me know, haven't seen a whole bunch of these at the local cars and coffee's.

11111-1.png

You might want to invest in a trailer of your own..... LOL

I kid, I kid........

Haven't seen a ton of other turbo Buicks in the area. I'm on the MD side of the Beltway. There's a few that show up to Katie's cars and coffee in Great Falls.

Enjoy your new car!

Welcome to the forum. Ooh, I see you have one of those black Grand Nationals. Those are the really fast ones. Lol.
Great looking car!!

Looking good! Good deal that it already has some mods...bolt ons really wake these motors up and buying them already modified(if they were done correctly) will save you money in the long run. I see the aluminum GN wheels with DRs and a pillar gauge and something on the center of the dash? I thought someone put fog lights on the air dams under the bumper, but then noticed they were part of the trailer. :oops:

Was able to get some pics of them GN today. Took her out to a local cars and coffee, rode good. Let me know if you guys see any glaring issues that I need to address right away.
IMG_0660.jpgIMG_0656.jpgIMG_0664.jpgIMG_0658.jpgIMG_0665.jpgIMG_0666.jpg

Nice looking GN, congrats.
I'd look to change your brake fluid. The factory powermaster brake system is notorious for being problematic. Dirty black fluid only increases chance of failure. Many have switched to vacuum brakes or hydroboost because they have either experienced a failure or don't want to take their chances of having one while driving. Cost of powermaster parts are ridiculous as well.

If you decide to stick with the powermaster system at least you have the good hydac accumulator ball on there already and a gray brake switch (all failure prone areas among others). Once you get clean fluid in there figure on changing yearly at minimum.

@626gn Thanks for the info, I'll look to get the brake fluid changed out. The guy I bought the car off of had another powermaster/accumulator ball brake setup that he said was good and he was looking to sell for $400, not sure if this was needed and if that was a good price.

Another question, the car has the rear quarter rolled but the previous owner gave me some new wheel well moldings from highway stars when I bought the car, for all four tire openings. I know I can replace the front, but with rolled quarters is it even possible put new wheel well moldings on? can you unroll quarters?

"can you unroll quarters?"
If done correctly.
Would require paint work.
If the lip was uniformly bent, it would be less of a hassle.

Another question, the car has the rear quarter rolled but the previous owner gave me some new wheel well moldings from highway stars when I bought the car, for all four tire openings. I know I can replace the front, but with rolled quarters is it even possible put new wheel well moldings on? can you unroll quarters?
Yes, you could still put the molding on but it too would have to be rolled or trimmed if using a tire that requires the extra clearance. Whether you could get all the screws at the top of the wheel arch (where its rolled) back in is the question and might depend on how tightly rolled the lip is to the fender. Even if you can't get the top screws in it will be fine.