New to e85, car almost ready

my point is he is not looking to tip the scales at the moment, nor am I. When I start seeing my driving habits include a 90% or more IDC, ill make the change. Right now, its quick enough for street.

My point is your advising someone based on a very different set of circumstances. What your IDC's are on a smaller turbo @ part throttle really don't mean shit compared to a large turbo going WOT. It's an anecdotal fallacy in the highest regard.

If you google e85 injector size calculator it can shed a good deal of light on this matter.

You need some idea of your horsepower for it to work.

If you google e85 injector size calculator it can shed a good deal of light on this matter.

A calculator won't tell you if you're fuel line is too small, your boost is too high, or your fuel pump isn't keeping up.

For traction purposes 415-450 tires and I'm happy
I've done Alky and I have a vp116 only
Wanted something fun with cheaper gas and not worry if Alky Kit malfunctions detonates
Seems e85 is answer

I've had 700+ to tires on last one and it was useless on the street so I'm not interested in max power also my stroker isn't done and don't want to damage motor stock

I still think 80's are too small. He might be OK since he has a stock IC, but I believe a 6466 running 24 lb's on a good breathing engine can absolutely go beyond what the 80's can deliver.

How big injector can I go with larger racetronix 450 pump?
It's the 450 pump from FTS with AN fittings for e85
Didn't wanna do a double pumper on a non race car

I made 580 to the wheels with 80s maxed out in the danger zone of 110% DC at 27lbs . 450 pump with -8 -6 lines Home ported ions , stock crank,rods,

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    622.9 KB · Views: 124
A few buddies saying will not feel any different than stock until port heads and step up IC?

Still laughing at that...The first time I went to the track with no other mods e85 upgrade and the chip, it was the first time I've ever felt my drag radials spin down the track....it'll be a totally different animal.

On the subject of IDC, do you need a FAST system to read that, or can it be done via Powerlogger?

Still laughing at that...The first time I went to the track with no other mods e85 upgrade and the chip, it was the first time I've ever felt my drag radials spin down the track....it'll be a totally different animal.

On the subject of IDC, do you need a FAST system to read that, or can it be done via Powerlogger?
Powerlogger will read it

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Guess I better add that to the list of upgrades, then

The car is crazy fast!
However I have the rod all the way out and hits 25 pounds boost almost immediately so I have to drive 50-70% WOT

I bought heavy duty TA style rod and brought it out as long as could with only 2-3 turns engaged before rid end falls out

The rod is not bound up and it will easily hook up to pick under pressure

Also we ported and made exhaust housing hold larger so the puck just overlaps so I don't think it's that?
TA 6466 with stock IC and engine

I have the RJC down pipe with thick flange doesn't it move the puck further away?

Maybe I need the non heavy duty rod/waste gate its longer I assume?

The car is crazy fast!
However I have the rod all the way out and hits 25 pounds boost almost immediately so I have to drive 50-70% WOT

I bought heavy duty TA style rod and brought it out as long as could with only 2-3 turns engaged before rid end falls out

Also we ported and made exhaust housing hold larger so the puck just overlaps so I don't think it's that?

I have the RJC down pipe with thick flange doesn't it move the puck further away?

Wouldnt it not be in power enrichment mode then? Sounds bad, you need to enlarge your wastegate hole, or get an external wastegate

The car is crazy fast!

I think you should stick with the HD setup you have, with E85 you're going to be over 20psi probably at all times. I think Wahoo is right, might want to port the wastegate hole or run an external setup?

The car is crazy fast!

I think you should stick with the HD setup you have, with E85 you're going to be over 20psi probably at all times. I think Wahoo is right, might want to port the wastegate hole or run an external setup?

It's heavily ported and only 1/8 overlap, I don't think I can go bigger

As for external had the PTE one on last car with springs with co2 and Ams 1000
Traction control etc
I don't want to do all that to this car
This is a stealth sleeper
Appears mostly stock

It might only be 20 pounds now that I made rod max length
My gauge is like 15
Need better gauge and more testing
Drives well and no abnormal ignition noises and smooth

Were you satisfied with Cincy Speed? I've been looking for a reputable place near Cincy to dyno...

Not sure if I missed the numbers, but what did your car put down?

Chris

Were you satisfied with Cincy Speed? I've been looking for a reputable place near Cincy to

Yes
Craig does good work
We didn't dyno power just verfied AF on the rollers breifly

Just a street car and stick engine
Runs great
They did about 25 hrs worth of work on it with literally a full trunk of mods to go on it

Not sure if I missed the numbers, but what did your car put down?

Chris

Wow, 6466 on a stock motor? That is a 9 second turbo. If you don't want balls out power, money would of been better spent on heads and a smaller turbo. You are choking that 6466.

I run the 6466 on e85, but I also have
XFI
160# injectors
double pumper intank pumps
billet roller cam
Champion heads
diamond forged pistons
larger fuel lines w/flex fuel sensor
TA headers
ported lower intake
72mm throttle body and intake

I ran 80# on a 5931 turbo with e85 with less than above on 21# and it would be a low 11 car. I also had 90% IDC