New to e85, car almost ready

Detomaso71

car finishes up tomorrow
Did a lot of work myself but ran out of time and had speed shop finish file system

Added

TA6466 billet journal
Edge 3200-3400 stall
Stock engine
Stock IC
80s with FTS 450 pump for E85
RACETRONiX harness and FTS pre fab fuel and return lines
Turbo tweak e85 chip
RJC exhaust and DP and ported Exhaust to larger puck internal WG
Coil overs
New tires and alignment with new a arms

I know its stock engine but will be set 22-24 lbs on e85 with above parts

Was entirely stock prior on stock factory boost chip

A few buddies saying will not feel any different than stock until port heads and step up IC?
I think wil have 75-100 more HP and be more responsive and handle much better?

May get better IC at some point and heads intake are still in box for when have more $ and time to install

Your buddies don't know what they're talking about. It will scare you a little if you're not ready for the increase in power. Prepare for it to absolutely blow the tires away. Watch your wideband as you need LOTS of fuel to get the optimal 11:1 A/F WOT ratio.

From all the reading I've done , if you can hook up off the line with your combo ur looking easy high 10 / low 11's in the 1/4 so Be prepared ! (y)

im giggling. I just experienced the E85 conversion. I think ill go drive my shit right now, boner! oh btw, not sure if 11:1 is a good ratio. Cal tuned my fast to 9.5:1.

also, we need to meet up sometime soon and have you take a ride in one that is all opened up so you can decide better on what opened heads, intake, plenum, IC etc does. I didnt realize this was you dude. I have a new phone now, and no longer have your number

im giggling. I just experienced the E85 conversion. I think ill go drive my shit right now, boner! oh btw, not sure if 11:1 is a good ratio. Cal tuned my fast to 9.5:1.

We could be talking to different scales. I tune the XFI to Actual A/F, not the Gasoline equivalent A/F. Toby, you should only be at 9.5:1 at idle or decel. You should be much richer (in the high 7's) at WOT

We could be talking to different scales. I tune the XFI to Actual A/F, not the Gasoline equivalent A/F. Toby, you should only be at 9.5:1 at idle or decel. You should be much richer (in the high 7's) at WOT
Got ya. Yes 9.5 at idle. To be honest with you...also as I have mentioned I am not going crazy on the car for a few reasons.

1. Nothing stupid till you fine tune it so I have not pushed it to see 7:1
2. Car needs drag radials. At 3/4 throttle it's scary as hell
3. I was waiting on better vacuum hoses. Look at this picture of vibrant versus HPSI branded. They got installed today. Taking this new build and crossing all t's and dotting the i's. These new hoses are good past 40psi.

Attachments

• 20160628_195301.jpg
    20160628_195301.jpg
    789.4 KB · Views: 173
Sweet
I asked for very safe/low timing with Eric on the TT chip
It should hopefully take a brief soon on dyno hopefully tomorrow just to make sure it's all safe no Max pulls just double checking everything

Sounds like won't need to put stroker in for the street if already traction limited
Trying to keep this car more civil than the others and simple

I'm not sure those 80's will be enough for a 6466 running 24 lb's. I would be very very careful on the first couple runs and make sure you aren't maxing out IDC's.

I'm not sure those 80's will be enough for a 6466 running 24 lb's. I would be very very careful on the first couple runs and make sure you aren't maxing out IDC's.

Thx
I asked them start low or no boost and drove car on street normally

Then slowly try increase 18-20 max
This is a fun street car just want it right past traction limitation

Will see how goes later today or am
It's taking them a little longer than expected

Thx
I asked them start low or no boost and drove car on street normally

Then slowly try increase 18-20 max
This is a fun street car just want it right past traction limitation

Will see how goes later today or am
It's taking them a little longer than expected
also, I have 80's and have reached 20lb with only 40% IDC on 60-70% tps, so you will be fine with 80's till you step it up quite a bit.

also, I have 80's and have reached 20lb with only 40% IDC on 60-70% tps, so you will be fine with 80's till you step it up quite a bit.

Cincy speed
On dyno now

Hey on my race car I think we set it 43 lbs base pressure fuel with regulator unhooked

I read 45 psi for e85 base pressure
At regulator unhooked idle
Is that correct? 2 psi higher for e85

Cincy speed
On dyno now

Hey on my race car I think we set it 43 lbs base pressure fuel with regulator unhooked

I read 45 psi for e85 base pressure
At regulator unhooked idle
Is that correct? 2 psi higher for e85

It should be about the same. Ultimately you should listen to the person who burned the chip. I think they just about all say at 43 line off, but I could be mistaken. Who's chip you using?

Chip Eric Marshall TT
The newer one just got it
Forget which model but for e85 and asked for low timing safe street car

Well where's it at when you're 100% on the top end? That's where it matters.
my point is he is not looking to tip the scales at the moment, nor am I. When I start seeing my driving habits include a 90% or more IDC, ill make the change. Right now, its quick enough for street.