new to all of this 84 gn really rich

david h

new tt chjp and 42 # injectors 86 87 advance auto ecm ever since i installed them super rich i hope someone
can help

Injectors been cleaned lately? They could be stuck open.To much fuel pressure?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

injectors are brand new did a leak down test held over 30lbs for 15 min
fuel pressure is 38 with the line off

OK do you have a scanmaster.? What else did you change. Fuel pressure should be set to 43 with line off and about 36 line on .reset ecm. What's telling you it's running rich?

i have a scanmaster 2.0
here are my numbers
o2 350-750
af 30-40
l8 140 or so
int 130 to 160
bl 128
clt 153
ats 71
rpm 1000-1500 to keep it running
tps.82
iac 167
mal 00
vac about 11 at around 1000 rpm
black smoke out the exhaust black sooty plugs and o2 wont idle runs me out of my garage in about
3 mins

blocked off egr 160 therm tt 5.7 chip 42lbs injectors 86 87 ecm were new plugs new 8.5mm msd wires

i have a scanmaster 2.0
here are my numbers
o2 350-750
af 30-40
l8 140 or so
int 130 to 160
bl 128
clt 153
ats 71
rpm 1000-1500 to keep it running
tps.82
iac 167
mal 00
vac about 11 at around 1000 rpm
black smoke out the exhaust black sooty plugs and o2 wont idle runs me out of my garage in about
3 mins
Cam sensor 180 out could cause a rich condition.
Was it removed recently or adjusted at all? If I can think of anything else that it could be I'll let you know. In the mean will don't run the car to much your oil is probably full of fuel at this point.

Like jerryl.said get your tps set and iac.see what happens don't forget to reset the ecm.

Maybe you pushed the tps down while changing your injectors.

ok ill try this stuff when i get home at work right now
i thought cam sensor too but pulled it out reset it using the voltmeter way im pretty sure its right

ok ill try this stuff when i get home at work right now
i thought cam sensor too but pulled it out reset it using the voltmeter way im pretty sure its right
That's what I thought, although my car idled fine it was pig rich, make your eyes burn after a couple minutes rich. My buddy kept asking me when he came by, if I was sure about the cam sensor being set properly. I kept telling him if it runs it's gotta be right and I also set it the way it goes. One day I went to grab beer from the fridge he pulled cs when I wasn't looking and turned it 180. The car ran great and the rich condition was gone immediately. I couldn't believe how long I chased that gremlin, how many oily changes I did, and how dumb I felt.
Sorry for the long story.

eric at tt told me to put all my old stuff back on so i did it ran better except for the huge vacume leak ( i tore the turbo o ring) so i thought i found the problem
fixed the o ring put the new stuff back on still very rich

i should have said it ran good before i made all these changes
When you get home put the stock ecu and chip back in it and see what happens. Good luck and when you find the culprit don't forget to post updates and what fixed your issue, it helps other members.

i dont want to ask but what about the injectors
Leave the injectors in start narrowing down the problem it could be the ecu it's easy to fry them with static electricity alone.
Btw I ran mine on 38# injectors with the stock 84-85 ecu it ran clean enough to pass CA emissions test.

I just went through this after installing a translator. My maf numbers were around 10 after getting a new maf and setting the T so I was reading correctly the rich problem went away. Ecm thought the motor was getting twice the air it was actually getting so it was doubling the fuel.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Like jerryl.said get your tps set and iac.see what happens don't forget to reset the ecm.

There are always other things that can cause problems like cam sensor etc, but ( as you know) these cars will never ever run right if TPS is off by ~85%.

If TT knew the TPS was that far off, he wouldn't recomend swapping eveything back as that is the most basic of basics on a TR.

thanks for help and sorry i havent been on for a couple of days
i got the tps right my aic screw has to be completely bottomed out to get it even close
put an old o2 sensor in and an old iac in it seemed to run better did a burnout in front of my house and it just died no pop no nothing wouldnt start back up
pushed it back to the garage waited a few mins and it started but was running bad again
checked my cam sensor it was right