new to 3.8 help

91dime

Drop & Destroy
I have a few questions about the 3.8s becouse im new to them. I would like to swap one in my 91 s10 with a 2.8 t5. I would like to swap in a pre 87, but are there bolt patterns the bop pattern, and are they 60 or 90*? Are the 88 and ups the 60* universal? Are the 87 and earlier engines a 90*, what about the 88 and up? So could i use a 4.3 mount? Any help would be great.

All Buick 3.8's have a 90 degree cylinder bank design. I know all the rear wheel drive blocks use the conventional BOP bellhousing. FWD blocks are still a 90* cylinder bank design but have the bellhousing design of a 2.8L 60 degree Chevy V6.

4.3 mounts will most likely not work. Check with Advance Adapters, they do a lot of the Chevy V8 conversion kits for S-10's and I believe they may have an answer for you on the Buick. In their conversion guide they say they offer motor mounts, bellhousings, and adapters.

Hope this helps,
Aaron

yea, ive looked into advanced adapters, ill email them about mounts.what auto OD transmission did they use in buicks.

you are really limited to a 200-4R with the BOP bolt pattern. This is a very good choice. You could always use any Chevy bolt pattern trans with yet another adapter.

Aaron