New T-Type Owner in Indiana

Supermac88

Little back story first I suppose. Back in 1996 my step dad bought a 1985 Buick Regal T-Type, it had a cracked block and he had a goal. He bought an 87 Grand National motor and transplanted it into the 85. He then had a chip burned, added the GN Intercooler, and supposedly got a bigger turbo. I was 16 and didn't have much time to help him what with me being a wild kid, with a lifted 85 Blazer that had way too much fun.

Over the years he rarely ever drove it, but it was his baby. It was everything he ever wanted. I joined the Army after High School and never really looked back to my hometown much. I visited, but there wasn't a reason for me to want to be there anymore. I served for 12 years, moved around a lot. I had my own family, and my own issues. Five years ago my mother, his wife passed away from complications with breast cancer and I had to make the trip home to see to her affairs, and to help my sisters. Two years ago I called him on a whim, and asked him if he was ready to get rid of the old girl, I was contemplating building an LSX S10, but knew that if I could get the Buick I'd much rather have that. He told me no, and that he wasn't ready to let her come back to Indiana with me.

Three weeks ago, he had his second massive stroke, and I prepared for my next trip to Colorado, to make sure he was okay, and to make sure everything was in place before the old timer takes his last trip. It was at this time that he told me that it was time to take the car home. I had finished my S10 build about three weeks prior to this and was just getting things dialed in on the truck. Instead of talking to me about how he was, he only wanted to talk to me about that car that he had built, and was now mine. It was his pride and joy, and now it's mine. He didn't pass, but he likely won't be driving any more, as he has partial paralysis from the stroke. I've decided to join this forum to help me learn what all he has done, and what I can do to make it even meaner. The old girl needs driven, I don't believe in keeping cars in garages as pieces to look at.

I look forward to learning from the community, and hope that I can do his car, and eventually his memory proud.