New Stereo & Speakers

turbojay

After completing a long, long list of upgrades and repairs to the engine, trans, suspension, etc the last 11 years of owning my Grand National, I finally found time and money to replace the 80s/90s stereo and speakers. I went with the kit from carrtunz.com, came with 6 rockford fosgate speakers and Pioneer stereo. The stereo has all of the latest and greatest tech like bluetooth audio & you can make all the setting changes from your phone...you hardly have to touch any buttons on the stereo itself. Very straight forward install, Gary Kokotis provided the wiring harness with the kit and it is 100% plug and play.

Attachments

• 96234947_2667198570226064_7449644285562978304_n.jpg
    96234947_2667198570226064_7449644285562978304_n.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 739
  • 20200410_211821884_iOS.jpg
    20200410_211821884_iOS.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 590
How does it sound ??.....looking to upgrade myself.
It sounds great. The rear speakers have just enough base that you don't really think about adding a subwoofer. The fronts are nice and clear also. It's a 100% improvement over the Delco speakers that were in there before, more clear sound, better base, & louder. I only replaced the stereo because I wanted Bluetooth audio.

Can you show the front speakers installed?

Had one back in the day! Always have had top of the line tunes, well until now.

Remember the big suitcases for storing the tapes? Even bought an 8-Track recorder for making your own tunes. Still have it. :LOL:
At least in audio things have moved to the better.

Remember the big suitcases for storing the tapes? Even bought an 8-Track recorder for making your own tunes. Still have it. :LOL:
At least in audio things have moved to the better.
Oh yeah! Had a cassette eating *&!@%^&$% of a Sony in the 80's and moved to Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, and the like and never turned back... Ahh the suitcase holders.

Funny story----- When CD's first came out, the salesman took one out of the case, dropped it on the floor, stomped on it and moved it around with his foot, put it back in and it didn't skip. Boom I was hooked. 2 months later, every damn CD I had in my case, protected from scratches, had beer on them or skipped like a &&^%$ LOL!!

Oh yeah! Had a cassette eating *&!@%^&$% of a Sony in the 80's and moved to Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, and the like and never turned back... Ahh the suitcase holders.

Funny story----- When CD's first came out, the salesman took one out of the case, dropped it on the floor, stomped on it and moved it around with his foot, put it back in and it didn't skip. Boom I was hooked. 2 months later, every damn CD I had in my case, protected from scratches, had beer on them or skipped like a &&^%$ LOL!!

Agree with Alpine being a quality unit, been using a 7618 for 26+ years now and have another new model in reserve. Not really the CD's fault, you spill that Keystone beer on anything and its like acid. Have to spill a good quality beer on them like Labatt's, PBR, Bud, they're sensitive ya know and have good taste.
Lol, when CD's first starting coming out my friend had just got out of the Air Force in 1980 and bought a Pioneer home unit, $1200.00! Plus the ny welfare tax.

This is the only picture I took of the speaker in the door install. The new speakers fit exactly where the old ones were. Hope this helps.
9d8b302e7cca0b5ba88f6e960f0cc8a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just realized that you probably were asking about the dash speakers. I don't have any pictures but it was a bit painful getting the screws out, I just used a drill bit attached to a pair of pliers. The dashboard disintegrated when I tried to remove it, looks like the previous owner had it all super glued together. I bought a replacement one from "The Parts Place" on Ebay, the color matches 90% but is not exact.

Just realized that you probably were asking about the dash speakers. I don't have any pictures but it was a bit painful getting the screws out, I just used a drill bit attached to a pair of pliers. The dashboard disintegrated when I tried to remove it, looks like the previous owner had it all super glued together. I bought a replacement one from "The Parts Place" on Ebay, the color matches 90% but is not exact.
[/QUOTE

Jay- I painted my replacement dash plate with Kirbans paint. Came out really good. Brad

Got a part number for the paint from Kirbins??
I bought a can of grey and black from Kirban a few years back ,the grey is a perfect match for dash panel, I use the black for under hood touch up. BTW I think Color Place brand is all Kirban sales know. Attached or product # from back then. image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg