New Stage Trans Am Build

tom robison

ALL UP IN THEM GUTZ
After selling my GN to Mike E. last summer and building a nasty 02 trans am to race in outlaw 8.5, I have decided to come back to the buick world. I have been thinking about coming back for a few months and finally pulled the plug. I bought a buick stage 1 block from Chris Lyons for the base of my build and plan on installing it in my 02 TA. I am hoping to have it out next spring ready for more 8.5 tire racing and a few buick event.

Here is a run down of what my build is going to be. Stage 1 off center block, 3.820 bore, custom 10-1 wiseco pistons, Custom Aluminum Caps and Girdle, Eagle 3.625 crank, 6.350 K1 Rods, custom solid roller cam, Ta performance SE heads with T&D shaft mount rockers, Kenne Bell 4-barrel intake converted to efi with 90mm throttle body and elbow, Holley dominator Efi and air to water intercooler.

The car is a 02 Trans Am with stock suspension, 9inch ford rear, th400, caged and setup for 26-8.5 tires. Car was a 6.0 ls based with a 76mm turbo making about 1200hp at the tire and weighed in a 3600lbs. With the v6 setup I am hoping to be around 3100 with me in it.

Here are some pics of what I have so far

You aren't messing around. I look forward to seeing it. Are you going to do the intake conversion yourself?

You aren't messing around. I look forward to seeing it. Are you going to do the intake conversion yourself?
I do plan on doing the Efi conversion myself w/ the help of a friend at S&M Motorsports. Adam at S&M will also be doing all of my tuning and helping me with chassis tuning at the track.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have a complete TA 272" engine built by TA Performance for Cal. Crower billet crank, rods, JE pistons, GN1r heads, solid roller,etc. I was going to put it in my Coupe Deville, but would sell for the right price and put a CTS V engine in it instead.

Tom,

I can't believe you're showing pics of the aluminum main caps on the net. That's top secret stuff. You cant' be letting things like this slip! ;)

Neal

Tom. How fast was this thing with LS? and why are you going back to V6?
I went 5.76 @125 mph with a shitty converter and a off the shelf Borge Warner s475 turbo. I am switching back because I miss the v6 world.

I hear you....... I've observed some thing that have kept me from making the LSX leap. All engines have their place sorta...

It would have been nice to see you fix up your LS combo to max what you had... then saw what you could do with the same turbo.. same car.

I was at the end of what the motor would do, I did not feel sake taking it any farther than 1200hp at the wheel. It was a stock block, crank and heads.

I went 5.76 @125 mph with a shitty converter and a off the shelf Borge Warner s475 turbo. I am switching back because I miss the v6 world.

I saw you at Edgewater a couple months ago at the Friday 8.5 race. I was not feeling any love watching you run the Firebird so I passed on stopping by to say HI !! Welcome back to the dard side!!! Mike

I saw you at Edgewater a couple months ago at the Friday 8.5 race. I was not feeling any love watching you run the Firebird so I passed on stopping by to say HI !! Welcome back to the dard side!!! Mike
Thanks Mike.

Couple more parts showed up for the intake, 90* elbow and 90mm throttle body. I should have the fuel rails and bungs wed from raceparts solutions.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1379709397.752932.jpg