New Spoolfool contest for new product. Need ideas.

If someone does a TB console, it needs to have cup holders. :love:

Not that there is a huge market, but a Bench Seat Console, one from the fire wall to front seat that integrated a couple of modern sized cup holders and a "cargo holder", for lack of a better term, would be way cool.

I understand there aren't many of us Bench Seat folk out there............. Oh, and the 60/40 split bench thing would be........ never mind.............I'm just dreaming.

I for one... believe any upgrade to the factory console would out perform a stock replacement from goodmark. I’m pretty sure goodmark only provides the upper and lower shells. Everything else has to be swapped and shows it’s age.

A console with integrated 2/16 this gauge holders, aftermarket shifter capability and a cargo/ storage-switch panel area/ cup holders optional here.

A 2 section maybe 3 section console that could interchange depending on what the need is what I’m thinking.

Yes it’s beer thirty

But thanks for taking something like this into consideration

I for one... believe any upgrade to the factory console would out perform a stock replacement from goodmark. I’m pretty sure goodmark only provides the upper and lower shells. Everything else has to be swapped and shows it’s age.

A console with integrated 2/16 this gauge holders, aftermarket shifter capability and a cargo/ storage-switch panel area/ cup holders optional here.

A 2 section maybe 3 section console that could interchange depending on what the need is what I’m thinking.

Yes it’s beer thirty

But thanks for taking something like this into consideration

:cool: The fact that Lou Czarnota, the 6 foot 7 inch anomaly freekazoid that he is ;), would need to drive my car to tune it after upgrades, would require a "custom fit", removable piece that would make it even more unattainable. I need to cease and desist!

Again, I'm talking about bench seat cars.

First of all, The rumors of Turbo Lou being 6' 7" tall are grossly exaggerated.
He is only six and a half feet tall.

Secondly, post up your blueprint of what you feel would be an efficient lay out for a center console. Let's see it.

rev 0 everyone mark it up as needed......sorry for the sloppy work but thats a rough idea, Would have a short end and extended gauge area to fit 4

console.png

Cool. What kind of car did that come out of?

Last edited:
In talking to some others like me, we would like a methanol tank that will perform all the time not only when more half-full.

Today's new cars have trim panels that wrap under the body's sheet metal to conceal the lower frame rails.

When I used to stand back and look at my Buick's profile it drove me nuts that I had to look at that ugly frame rail and it forced me to bust out the spray paint and cardboard to throw a little black satin on it to keep it looking fresh.

I got sick of doing it.

So I fabbed up some trim strips using flexible vinyl base.

Sounds cheesy but I took my time and did it right. It almost looks like a subtle continuation of the front air damn all around the car. I even tapered it right to the rear bumper to hide the crimp and blend it directly into the bumper filler. A little Armor-All every now and then and it reads like a new car.

Hardly noticeable, but it makes for a clean finish. Everyone who sees it asks me where they could get those pieces.

How about something like this?

Zoom in around the sides for a better view.

View attachment 323719View attachment 323720View attachment 323721View attachment 323722View attachment 323723
Great thinking and one insanely great looking Buick!

I'm afraid that because I have twin turbos on a stage motor my engine may categorize my TR as a race car. Although it hasn't been raced at the the track since 2014.

But here goes mine anyway.

View attachment 323750View attachment 323749View attachment 323751View attachment 323754View attachment 323752View attachment 323753
Again one insanely great job on that engine! You have CBD (Buick Compulsive Disorder!) lol A disease I am very or way too familiar with!) Takes one to know one! lol

Here's another idea.
Fiberglass one piece drivers side air dam with ram air hole for cold air intake setups.
Like the old school Kenne Bell one, but with better Spoolfool technology.
I'd definitely buy one of those in a heart beat.

-Patrick-