Trade roller cams? I have a 218/218, looking for larger

jmendlik

GN1 Heads
T&D Shaft mounted rocker set up

I broke #6 Exhaust Valve spring and need to change it. Motor is in car and has AC Box. What Valve spring tool will work to change this one spring having the shaft mounted rocker setup?

The main issue is no space as the AC Box is in the way. Any suggestions or people who have done this spring change with motor in the car with GN1 Heads...

What tool did you use to get this one spring off ??? #6 last valve on pass side closest to rear of firewall ..

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
GN1 Heads
T&D Shaft mounted rocker set up

I broke #6 Exhaust Valve spring and need to change it. Motor is in car and has AC Box. What Valve spring tool will work to change this one spring having the shaft mounted rocker setup?

The main issue is no space as the AC Box is in the way. Any suggestions or people who have done this spring change with motor in the car with GN1 Heads...

What tool did you use to get this one spring off ??? #6 last valve on pass side closest to rear of firewall ..

Thanks in advance
If you have a stock rocker shaft and a rocker arm you can cut the rocker to clear the valve locks weld a rod to the pushrod side bolt it down like stock put air in the cylinder and push the keeper to get the locks out That one is a pain in the ass. Break one on #2 next time lol

I dont have any stock parts. Do you have this "tool" made that you could rent to me?? I'll paypal you the shipping charges ....Can you send a picture of what your describing??
JM

These are PAC 1201X Springs that have 6 seasons on them -not even 5k miles of use......That's the plan ( change all) but I need to get the car back up and running for now, as my working on area for this car's current parking spot is limited.....Its a condo bldg that does not want major auto repairs done on premises..lol
JM

Last edited:
These are PAC 1201X Springs that have 6 seasons on them -not even 5k miles of use......That's the plan ( change all) but I need to get the car back up and running for now, as my working on area for this car's current parking spot is limited.....Its a condo bldg that does not want major auto repairs done on premises..lol
JM
Those springs are proven, sounds like improper setup. My guess...coil bind

the tool i showed you in your other thread is the tool for those style rockers and worked great but i cant say if it will get #6 as i have A/c deleted .
you may be able to use a 3/4 box wrench slipped on the head portion instead of the slip on handle they provide
now a stock style valve spring tool could work (modified stock rocker that has the tip sliced out and a nut welded to it so you can use a 3/4 open end wrench ) if you put a bushing in it to slip on the jesel style shaftt , then remove the one rocker from your shaft and slide the tool on

Attachments

• F4E13FFE-5BE7-41DF-ADBE-45EE9135FDB3.jpeg
    F4E13FFE-5BE7-41DF-ADBE-45EE9135FDB3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
anthony the pedasil mount wouldnt work he doesnt have them on GN1 14bolt heads , he has Jesel style which has paired rocker sets on 5/8" (actually .619" ) shafts held with three studs

heres what im talking about made from a stock rocker , 3/4 nut and a bushng made from a jack handle ,

Attachments

• A67AD08E-8EC1-41A9-AECC-1666C9DA89C1.jpeg
    A67AD08E-8EC1-41A9-AECC-1666C9DA89C1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
  • 5C5291D8-B652-4783-8C8B-1B982DF21116.jpeg
    5C5291D8-B652-4783-8C8B-1B982DF21116.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 140
  • 0305221418c.jpg
    0305221418c.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Can you rent that set up to me? I'm in Chicagoland..I can PayPal you the fees plus cover all shipping

anthony the pedasil mount wouldnt work he doesnt have them on GN1 14bolt heads , he has Jesel style which has paired rocker sets on 5/8" (actually .619" ) shafts held with three studs

heres what im talking about made from a stock rocker , 3/4 nut and a bushng made from a jack handle ,
OOPS! I should have read that. AND I missed that HUGE picture. thanks for setting me straight.

I think you can get in there with the claw/ screw type. Make sure your cam specs are in line with what these springs can handle. Coil bind was mentioned. Also valve float could be harmful.