New setup

85tr

Haven’t been on the site in a long time. Figured I would post up some pics of the new setup in the works. Borg 6368 that wouldn’t fit on top of the intake manifold so this is where it will be.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1557.png
    thumbnail_IMG_1557.png
    667.3 KB · Views: 92
  • thumbnail_IMG_1558.png
    thumbnail_IMG_1558.png
    794 KB · Views: 98
Liking the fabrication - now all ya need is an intercooler :unsure:

It’s been intercooler for over 15 years. It’s got a front mount on it I stole from my galant vr4.

I guess I should have looked at your signature a little closer and I would have seen you have an I/C. I have always wondered how to get a few more horsepower out of the hot airs. What kind of gain did you see when you first put it all together? Back in 1985 a Buick Engineer friend came over with his 85 GN . He had fabricated air inlet tank stuffed with ice and a modified chip. That woke it up! Had to stop at the 7-11 stores to keep replenishing the ice. I opted out of the Air Inlet Tank for obvious reasons, but he did burn me performance chip that gave my T Type little more HP. I do like your setup !!!

Back in the early 2000’s when I had a spearco that I mounted in the 86-87 location I ran 13.70’s with 16 pounds of boost. That was with lightly ported heads and intake though. I think a champion intake and alchy injection would be the way to go if you don’t want to fab up an intercooler.