New Rule: Must post a price!

dhauser

The end is fear
If you're selling something in the Cars for Sale forums, you must put an asking price on it. We aren't a fishing forum here, so post an asking price.

I will give everyone a couple of weeks to change their current posts to reflect this new rule, and then I will start deleting posts that don't have prices. I won't ask your permission, so please take care of business if you have corrections to make. Thanks.

You should make it necessary to post location too, it would reduce the confusion on some posts.

Maybe make a sticky guide line post in the Car sale sections...

Year of Vehicle:

Vehicle:

Vehicle Model:

Description:

Location of Vehicle:

Asking Price:

If on eBay the link:

If they don't meet it delete it! :D

This would be nice on parts for sale area as well- have seperate area for 'make me an offer on this' threads.

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN
Jim you hard ass:p

Maybe because this is the type of TP I use! :D

HardAssTP.jpg

Originally posted by dhauser
If you're selling something in the Cars for Sale forums, you must put an asking price on it. We aren't a fishing forum here, so post an asking price.

I will give everyone a couple of weeks to change their current posts to reflect this new rule, and then I will start deleting posts that don't have prices. I won't ask your permission, so please take care of business if you have corrections to make. Thanks.

Sounds like a good plan Doug.... :)

Thanks, Jesse. And thanks for the feedback guys. I do like the idea of requiring a location be posted too, so please try and do that, guys. There's really no reason not to post a locale. I don't like putting bunches of rules on these forums, just enough to get the job done, but I will if it gets to be problematic. Happy selling.

Can't Bear the Apparent (and Hilarious) Paradox...

In that case, can you please post prices on the following vehicles?

55 Chevy Pro-Street; 502 big block--FS
66 Chevy II Wagon streetrod--gorgeous, black, mint--FS
67 Mustang convt--289 4 speed--FS
69 Yenko 427 Camaro--THE nicest clone in existance--Hugger Orange/houndstooth, X22 car--FS
69 Yenko 427 Camaro clone--frost green/white; big block 4 speed--FS
76 TA 400 auto--wht/wht/red--FS
86 Ttype, 16k original miles--FS
91 Stealth RT twin turbo, 35k orig miles, FS.

:p

69 Yenko 427 Camaro--THE nicest clone in existance--Hugger Orange/houndstooth, X22 car--FS
69 Yenko 427 Camaro clone--frost green/white; big block 4 speed--FS
76 TA 400 auto--wht/wht/red--FS
86 Ttype, 16k original miles--FS
91 Stealth RT twin turbo, 35k orig miles, FS.

87 GN, 26k, alky, boom trunk, fun

phillyturbosix said:
Maybe make a sticky guide line post in the Car sale sections...

Year of Vehicle:

Vehicle:

Vehicle Model:

Description:

Location of Vehicle:

Asking Price:

If on eBay the link:

If they don't meet it delete it! :D

Excellent Idea

Thanks AJ

How are these people supposed to change it when the "edit" button is gone after 24hrs or less ??? I think leaving the "edit" button there should also be the new rule..

If you want to post a car for trade, also include a cash price you'd be willing to accept in lieu of a trade. If you have no intention of selling outright, state that in your ad and then specify what you're looking to trade for, along with some range of prices you want to be in so people have some idea of whether or not they can work with you.

I have no control over whether the edit button exists or not. You'll need to take that up with the administrator.

I believe it was originally taken away because people were changing their posts in a deceptive manner.

I still would like to know how you expect these members to make your requested changes with a "EDIT" button that ISN'T THERE! You'll give them a couple weeks to change or you will delete there post's? Thats not good buisness when the members CAN'T change them!!!!! So maybe you should give the existing members a chance before just deleting there adds and PM the members that don't have prices and change the posts for them seeing they can't!

I'm with ya on the price thing. I do agree, But I would have worded more like this: New rule: From now on there has to be a price listed on all new "Cars F/S threads" If not! they will be deleted.

PS: The post just before this was only ONE HOUR ago and I already can't "edit" that post! Thats rediculous.....

Scot w.

I still would like to know how you expect these members to make your requested changes with a "EDIT" button that ISN'T THERE! You'll give them a couple weeks to change or you will delete there post's? Thats not good buisness when the members CAN'T change them!!!!! So maybe you should give the existing members a chance before just deleting there adds and PM the members that don't have prices and change the posts for them seeing they can't!

I'm with ya on the price thing. I do agree, But I would have worded more like this: New rule: From now on there has to be a price listed on all new "Cars F/S threads" If not! they will be deleted.

PS: The post just before this was only ONE HOUR ago and I already can't "edit" that post! Thats rediculous.....

Scot w.

It would be very easy to post a reply and add the needed info.