New Rubber for the road.

X Ray

The GNX changed my life!
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I am going to get new rubber for the road for X Ray this year ….any suggestion ….. street application no racing…and yes on the GNX wheels…. thanks in advance...:biggrin:

Tires

Rick, I Purchased The Bf Goodrich G Force,sport. They Are Directional.245/50zr16 Front Rear 255/50zr16 .. The Trouble I Had Was Tring To Get Matched Tires In The Correct Size. Many Tire Manufactures Do Not Make The 255/50 Zr 16 (i Think) I Have To Dig Out The Many Notes I Had. The Tires I Purchased Were Approx 100.00 Each..

I'm using the same tires. 245s up front and 255 out back. I like em. I can only break em loose when i'm trying to.

Aw Come on Ray take that GNX back down to the track like the old days. I will Go line up with you again with my old copper gs again. Put some new BFG's on they still hook great.

Your old Bowling Green Buddy Ross.:)
I know I have some old runs on tape somewhere of you.

Check out Falcon Azenis tires. These tires are perfect for cars like ours on the street. They are soft enought to get you traction on those short blast, hard enough they dont wear to quickly and they also have a great traction rating for rainy roads. A lot of the AutoCross guys use these tires for an all around type of use. If you arent really worried about traction at all, just get a cheap set.

http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=....discounttirezone.com/view_category.asp?cat=1

If you can find BFG KD (its a dry weather summer tire) they are amazing (sticky and very hi perf oriented), their all season wet/dry is the KDW, and its pretty awesome too. The BFG G force sport is another fine tire.
For a car of its value and prestige, I'd pick a high end tire and stay away from mid line stuff;
After selling tires, and being sponsored by several companies I recommend'
BFG obviously, Toyo, and Michelin.

High Performance GOODYEAR

Hello Ray,

Last summer I bought the Eagle F1 GS-D3 ultra high performance tires for my GN. As you know, turbo Buicks can be scary in the rain. These are by far the best rain tires to run.

I have been very happy with them and highly recommend them for your GNX.
They have the European tread style which pushes out water quite well.

Sure LOVE your X-Ray GNX BUICK. I have the model from GMP. Never saw yours for real. Maybe someday. I'd love to see one in Silver like yours. Just
my opinion of what would also be Way-Cool!

Jerry
---87 GN with Real GNX dash with factory moonroof and twilight sentinel.

Nice thread Rick,

I'm on the fence about tires & rim's. I would love to just keep my GTA rim's that is on the car now as they have been recently redone but the issue I have with the 16" rim's is " There isn't a nice wide tire made for them anymore". So far the widest tire I seen available is a 255 and I would like to go 265 or 275.

Falcon Azenis tires are great! I had Falcons on my old GN and for an all around tire they are hard to beat.. I was on Falcons when my car went 123mph in BG 2 years ago with NO tire spin!! ;)

PS: If Anyone knows of a wider 16" tire PLEASE post a link to it..

Thanks,

Scot W.

Nice thread Rick,

I'm on the fence about tires & rim's. I would love to just keep my GTA rim's that is on the car now as they have been recently redone but the issue I have with the 16" rim's is " There isn't a nice wide tire made for them anymore". So far the widest tire I seen available is a 255 and I would like to go 265 or 275.

Falcon Azenis tires are great! I had Falcons on my old GN and for an all around tire they are hard to beat.. I was on Falcons when my car went 123mph in BG 2 years ago with NO tire spin!! ;)

Thanks,

Scot W.

I have them on the GN. Havent run them yet but i hope the 315/30R18's hold the power of this Stage 2 on the street. I think I'm going to have to turn the boost down a little though!!;)

Tire size

Nice thread Rick,

Thanks,

Scot W.

I was just informed they make a 295. I'm in the same boat as you are.
James

Sumitomo makes a nice aggressive tire in proper GNX sizes. Easy on the wallet if you don't mind the brand name.

DSC02142.jpg

Nitto 450s are also another great tire ,hook good,handling is great in all weather and i got about 45k miles on mine.

I was just informed they make a 295. I'm in the same boat as you are.
James
Falcon makes a 295/ 16 tire?

If anyone knows of a tire manufacture that makes a 16" tire WIDER than a 255 Please post the link to that specific tire.

Scot W.