New reproduction gnx exhaust system

carl defazio

GNX #126
Great news fellow GNX owners! Eric Gardner from Gardner Exhaust that makes exact and I mean exact reproductions of muscle car exhaust system is about to start making a exact reproduction of the GNX exhaust this fall! I have been asking him for a while but he has agreed to start making it! He has been making a reproduction exhaust system for the 1986/87 grand nationals already! It’s now time for the GNX to get its turn! Just go to Gardner Exhaust to see his products!! I will keep you informed as I get more information!

carl defazio

GNX #126
Great news fellow GNX owners! Eric Gardner from Gardner Exhaust that makes exact and I mean exact reproductions of muscle car exhaust system is about to start making a exact reproduction of the GNX exhaust this fall! I have been asking him for a while but he has agreed to start making it! He has been making a reproduction exhaust system for the 1986/87 grand nationals already! It’s now time for the GNX to get its turn! Just go to Gardner Exhaust to see his products!! I will keep you informed as I get more information!

Attachments

carl defazio

GNX #126
I would also like to get a approximate count on how many people that would like to order a exhaust system.

Last edited:

reggie44

WOW! This is incredible news! :) I have known Eric and his dad for about 15 years and the exhaust systems they make are simply incredible. Many are used in the top restorations around the Country from Oldsmobile W30, Chrysler 426 HEMI cars and many Buicks. I purchased one of their first reproduction Buick Grand National systems that Eric did back in 2010 and he actually stopped making them for a while back around 2011 only due to the incredible amount of time it takes to make one - as all the crimping on the front pipe is done by hand. This is GREAT news for GNX owners! :cool:

carl defazio

GNX #126
WOW! This is incredible news! :) I have known Eric and his dad for about 15 years and the exhaust systems they make are simply incredible. Many are used in the top restorations around the Country from Oldsmobile W30, Chrysler 426 HEMI cars and many Buicks. I purchased one of their first reproduction Buick Grand National systems that Eric did back in 2010 and he actually stopped making them for a while back around 2011 only due to the incredible amount of time it takes to make one - as all the crimping on the front pipe is done by hand. This is GREAT news for GNX owners! :cool:
Yes it is great news! I have one of his systems on my 1970 GS 455 ! It’s a work of art!! He is makes the grand national system’s again! Go to his website and see! He’s the best in the business!

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
Regular steel just like the original system. It’s going to be a exactly like the original!
gotcha ...I think originals where at least galvanized or something...what a kool project and great for the GNX heritage ...truly a much needed aspect of the cars ...does rick hunt know about this ...LOL...again thx for sharing ...

carl defazio

GNX #126
gotcha ...I think originals where at least galvanized or something...what a kool project and great for the GNX heritage ...truly a much needed aspect of the cars ...does rick hunt know about this ...LOL...again thx for sharing ...
The originals are made out of aluminized steel! No problem![/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

carl defazio

GNX #126
Ok! I was just asked by Eric to keep this on the down low because of how much time it’s going to take to reproduce! He is going to start this fall to get all the info on how long and what materials and cost for him to make. So hopefully next spring or summer he will have something. He’s a perfectionist with all his products.

carl defazio

GNX #126
As soon as I hear something I will let all of you know about! Hopefully this project takes off this fall and we see something this coming up spring!

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
I already spent my money on a GN1 3" cat back system on a seriously modified engine on a Turbo Regal.......

No offence, but I love it.

If there are enough GNX guys out there ready for new exhaust, more power to you!

deezdad

There are also those of us that have the aftermarket gnx suspension installed to add to your market

samgauto

Definately would consider getting a really good repro system. Only one I know of is by Richard Clark but I believe it is not an exact reproduction although stainless I think. Like other GNX owners that are still using the orig system, mine has some holes in the l/r pipe that goes over the axle. Keep us posted!

carl defazio

GNX #126
I hear you! Richard Clark’s system Is really a great system but it not like the original. I can only speak for myself but I would only like a exact copy of the original system. That’s what Eric Gardner is working on. As soon as I hear something from Eric I will let all of you know!