New Rear end cover

KENAN_JAMES

Attachments

• diff cover.JPG
    diff cover.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 454
cover

Damn that was quick I see you guy's are night owl's like me.:D Yeah don't know if I would buy it but I do think they look sweet cost just as much as the others. If you got a magnetic plug for it don't see why it wouldn't work just like the TA one.

Damn that was quick I see you guy's are night owl's like me.:D Yeah don't know if I would buy it but I do think they look sweet cost just as much as the others. If you got a magnetic plug for it don't see why it wouldn't work just like the TA one.

That's not what it does.. the ta covers (others as well) have two nuts at either end which in turn places pressure on the carrier caps for more support. That cover is nothing more than more amusement. But , heck don't listen to me.. if you want it buy it!:smile:

I like it and you know if you need some fluid. ;)

I would be concerned with it warping or even cracking under launch.

I suppose if you just want to show your car, and never run it hard, this cover would be a great novelty. As for strength, it's worthless-----the stock cover would be better. If you race your car at all, buy the T/A style. Brian

I have seen them for 4x4's. someone did a test on several covers for strength & they flex & take one hell of a beating. they are good for a used 4x4 to see if you have water contamination.

I kinda like it...The only question I have is that when it has been on the car for a while and the oil turns to a darker color like it usually does, do you still see something through it ?

Claude :)

Its cool and I dig it and have saw them on the front and rear axles of 4x4's.

Not sure that it would be a major eye candy addition with our cars as the tank covers a lot of the sight of the rear end.

I have seen them for 4x4's. someone did a test on several covers for strength & they flex & take one hell of a beating. they are good for a used 4x4 to see if you have water contamination.

I'm sure flexing of the bearings would be cool to. I'll stick with my T/A cover which preloads the bearing caps;)

lol. yea i agree with the above post. though, if our cars werent such torque freaks, or really collectible, id throw one on. like on my girls sunfire. pretty cool lookin.

A couple of my friends that are into tractor pulling actually use clear covers like that :D Now I wonder who has to worry more... a 10 second gn or a truck thats over 5k pounds making 1500 foot pounds of tq. pulling a **** ton of weight, I like them personally :)

A couple of my friends that are into tractor pulling actually use clear covers like that :D Now I wonder who has to worry more... a 10 second gn or a truck thats over 5k pounds making 1500 foot pounds of tq. pulling a **** ton of weight, I like them personally :)

Sounds like you sold yourself on one. Let us know how it works out.

Do these sled pulling trucks have GM 8.5 10 bolts in them too?