NEW RACETRONIX 340LPH PUMP + SS SENDER COMBO

Ok well I guess either there is a typo in the literature on the website or you are referring to a digital sensor that is not listed because the only sensor I'm finding is this one:

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=LSA-G790&eq=&Tp=

Which states : LSA-G790 - Level Sender Sensor, G7 Analog Dash

If you look to the right hand side of our hanger listings you will see an add-on section with lists the digital level sensors:

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPS-G7W255&eq=&Tp=

http://racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=LSA-G7120&Tp=

I'm really trying to hard to figure out a way to get this dual fed set up figured out for a lot of us guys on here that need something like it. I've tried to enter your Racetronix forum as requested but it doesnt allow me to become member. What do I need to do here?

I'm really trying to hard to figure out a way to get this dual fed set up figured out for a lot of us guys on here that need something like it. I've tried to enter your Racetronix forum as requested but it doesnt allow me to become member. What do I need to do here?

If you filled out all the proper information and we can confirm you as a paid customer then access will be granted. This ad thread is about
NEW RACETRONIX 340LPH PUMP + SS SENDER COMBO

While the parts ya'll are selling look to be well made and the prices are pretty good.....I expected a little better quality control on parts that are supposed to be installed and tested prior to shipping. My hanger and digital sending unit arrived today (you know...the one that ya'll are charging 15 dollars EXTRA for because it has to be modified because its not normally stocked????) and the fuel guage still didn't read anything. I checked....double checked....and then triple checked everything and then decided to pull the assembly back out of the tank to look at the sender unit a little closer. This sender....the one that I was charged 15 dollars extra for...wasn't tested...couldn't have been....because it would have been blatantly obvious that it couldn't work because the wire lead for the ground on the bottom of the sender WASN"T soldered to the resistor. Glad I know how to test and fix things like this because I'd be pretty damn pissed if I had to send this thing back to Canada for something that should have been checked before it shipped out.

While the parts ya'll are selling look to be well made and the prices are pretty good.....I expected a little better quality control on parts that are supposed to be installed and tested prior to shipping. My hanger and digital sending unit arrived today (you know...the one that ya'll are charging 15 dollars EXTRA for because it has to be modified because its not normally stocked????) and the fuel guage still didn't read anything. I checked....double checked....and then triple checked everything and then decided to pull the assembly back out of the tank to look at the sender unit a little closer. This sender....the one that I was charged 15 dollars extra for...wasn't tested...couldn't have been....because it would have been blatantly obvious that it couldn't work because the wire lead for the ground on the bottom of the sender WASN"T soldered to the resistor. Glad I know how to test and fix things like this because I'd be pretty damn pissed if I had to send this thing back to Canada for something that should have been checked before it shipped out.

Every level sender is checked before shipping to make sure they swing between 0-90 or 0-120 ohms with no dead spots. Perhaps something happened during shipping or installation. Your pic clearly shows solder on the joint and evidence of being joined to the PCB (residue). It obviously broke off.

Coming on this ad thread and accusing us of poor workmanship is uncalled for. We understand you are upset but sometimes things fail. Racetronix is known for being obsessed with quality so you as well as everybody else reading this thread knows this is not something we take lightly. Next time you have a problem give us the opportunity to make it right before flaming us on a forum (esp our ad thread). You will find people are much more willing to help if you approach them diplomatically.

Every level sender is checked before shipping to make sure they swing between 0-90 or 0-120 ohms with no dead spots. Perhaps something happened during shipping or installation. Your pic clearly shows solder on the joint and evidence of being joined to the PCB (residue). It obviously broke off.

Coming on this ad thread and accusing us of poor workmanship is uncalled for. We understand you are upset but sometimes things fail. Racetronix is known for being obsessed with quality so you as well as everybody else reading this thread knows this is not something we take lightly. Next time you have a problem give us the opportunity to make it right before flaming us on a forum (esp our ad thread). You will find people are much more willing to help if you approach them diplomatically.

I honestly expected an apology for me having to repair this on my own and maybe a partial refund. The solder on top of the metal ground strap was NEVER soldered to the resistor before I received it...there is NO evidence of it being soldered to the resistor...there is no residue...there is a very clear gap under it. This DID NOT break off. I am astounded that you have the nerve to say it might have been done during installation. I tested this thing right out of the box by plugging it in to my gas tank harness and it didn't work so I made the improper assumption that maybe it needed to be mounted in the tank to send a signal to the guage. My "accusation" is referring to quality control. This thing wasn't tested other than for fitment of parts. I am an electronics technician by trade and I can tell you that solder connection was never made..and you won't convince me otherwise. As for coming onto the ad to complain...I sent an email and never got a response and I can't find a phone number to call so yeah...I was a little ticked off. It works NOW after I soldered the connection. This is a part I would recommend to other people as its obviously of higher quality than the stock unit...but I would make the suggestion that whoever is responsible for testing them prior to shipping them check the function by testing at the actual wire connections and not by probing the resistor contacts.

The solder on top of the metal ground strap was NEVER soldered to the resistor before I received it...there is NO evidence of it being soldered to the resistor...there is no residue...there is a very clear gap under it.

All level sensors are tested before installation and after on the harness end.
You did not provide us the opportunity to evaluate the part so we are not in a position to offer anything.
Customer support and warranty issues are dealt with on our support forum exclusively.
There is no record of anybody submitting a claim to our support dept. about this. Perhaps you e-mailed the sales dept which gets inundated with e-mails?
Given the opportunity to deal with your claim in the proper fashion we would have sent out a new level sensor at no cost and had the failed unit sent back for QC evaluation. Since you effected repairs yourself we have no way to evaluate the failure or make any guarantees as to its long-term reliability. We hope that the contacts are not under stress due to some misalignment in the assembly.

Racetronix warranty claim procedure:
  • Register on our support forum with valid contact, vendor and product data
  • Post a thread in the proper forum section describing your problem
  • Submit additional test information / pictures for review as requested by tech
  • Follow the tech's warranty claim procedures along with RGA / return docs.

Note: Racetronix sales dept does not handle tech support / warranty issues. Sufficient data must be provided to a Racetronix tech to satisfy a warranty claim. Racetronix does not condone the repair of product by the end user unless authorized to do so. Failing to follow proper warranty procedures may void the product's warranty.

No point in beating a dead horse. Obviously you are unwilling to accept that a defective part was shipped from your business and apparently feel that blaming me...the customer is the best solution. You're telling me that because I soldered the ground connection on which should have been done on your end...that I have voided my warranty and done damage? Really? You make it very clear that there is absolutely no chance of speaking to a live person on a telephone...so the customer has to put total faith in email communication only which may take several days...IF anyone responds. Funny...most of the other vendors that cater to our crowd offer a phone number and in fact many of them will call the customer if there is any issue.
Racetronix aint the only vendor that sells parts to us....and I can assure you that in the future should I need to purchase parts for my car I will buy them elsewhere.

No point in beating a dead horse. Obviously you are unwilling to accept that a defective part was shipped from your business and apparently feel that blaming me...the customer is the best solution. You're telling me that because I soldered the ground connection on which should have been done on your end...that I have voided my warranty and done damage? Really? You make it very clear that there is absolutely no chance of speaking to a live person on a telephone...so the customer has to put total faith in email communication only which may take several days...IF anyone responds. Funny...most of the other vendors that cater to our crowd offer a phone number and in fact many of them will call the customer if there is any issue.
Racetronix aint the only vendor that sells parts to us....and I can assure you that in the future should I need to purchase parts for my car I will buy them elsewhere.

Just as with any other company we require the defective parts back for evaluation (we supply return docs) for warranty consideration. We are not saying that a part could not arrive defective but it is highly unlikely given the steps we go to prevent this. We need to know how and why it arrived broken. As a skilled tech who diagnoses stuff all the time you should understand and accept this fact! We never stated your warranty was void. What we are saying is that if further damage/failure occurs as a result of your repairs we cannot be held liable. We can not have customers attempting repairs on their own and then expect us to warranty said repairs or any other damages that occur as a result of said repairs. Again this is standard warranty stuff.

It is evident given the amount of effort you put into establishing communication with us vs. posting on this forum what your objectives are. We are sure you will come back with some statement as to how our reply points the finger at you or does not conform to your expectations of how a vendor should operate. You are entitled to your opinion.

Potential customers please read the following:

Racetronix is not a small retail operation that works on cars or resells parts on the net like most other vendors on this forum. Racetronix is a design, manufacturing and distribution facility. We do not offer phone sales or support. All sales and support are handled via our web store, e-mail and our support forum 24/7. Our support forum provides answers to many questions along with documents which can not be dealt with over the phone. There are no 9-5/weekend/holiday restrictions, telephone tag, waiting on hold, LD charges etc. Our support forum link is listed at the bottom of every sales document we print and web order confirmation e-mailed. We encourage customers to join before their item arrives at their door. If a customer feels more comfortable with phone sales and support they may engage one of the hundreds of dealers we have around the globe.

Our new web page has a contact form which will help direct e-mail to the proper department: http://racetronix.com/contact/

I dont have any quams here but having no phone# to speak to a live person in the event of a problem is just not the norm most guys are really uptight when a new product has a problem and dont want a few hours or days of lag time with emails or forum questions. Some people just feel better speaking to a live person and i'm sure if you ever did a pole most would agree.

Oh my, this is a sorry state of affairs. Sure does give me pause about buying in the future from Racetronis.

I will say yes I would like to be able to call. But at least they are making nice products for our cars at a fair price. I was the first to get the 430an sender and pump they called me to check on it. Also wanted me to check my hot wire kit. I thought that was pretty good of them. It is production things can and will happen in everything man made. If a mistake was made they should make it right in a reasonable time frame. Maybe they will work on it. Customer is always right but b.s sometimes too. Good luck all!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

A friend here in Fayetteville, NC ordered this pump and fuel sender combo and received it today. I looked it over and everything is spot on. It is a shame it will be hidden inside the fuel tank out of sight.
I am looking into purchasing the e85 430lph pump and sender combo with AN fittings and stock fuel line kit. Can't wait!!!!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hi. I just realized I made a mistake when I ordered my sending unit from you without adding the digital dash sensor. It has not arrived yet. What should I do now? Can I just order the 15 dollar item and install it myself? Steve

Hi. I just realized I made a mistake when I ordered my sending unit from you without adding the digital dash sensor. It has not arrived yet. What should I do now? Can I just order the 15 dollar item and install it myself? Steve

You should e-mail online-orders@racetronix.com quickly along with your contact info and order number to see what can be done!!! Don't rely on this forum as a means for communication. Our shipping dept has nothing to do with these forums.

Just ordered mine with upgraded wiring harness also. Replacing my reds double pumper and hot wire kit with this simple/neat set up from Racetronix. Can't wait!