New Pypes 3" exhaust

Akoz

It appears pypes now makes a 3'' exhaust for our GN's, #SGG51R. Has anybody installed one of these yet.
Is fitment of a 3" vs 2.5" an issue. Undecided on which one to get

Exhaust tone might sound different - which could be good or bad, but from performance point of view, probably need a minimum 4" downpipe to make the most out of it.

I have the 2.5" pypes racepro setup. If 3" would have been available, I would have got that instead.

Nicks already done a test fit on one of his cars couple months ago and he said it fit real nice. He's a dealer for them and he was looking at having a special price when it comes out. I tried to contact him this last weekend to check on it but, no dice .

Where did you see it advertised?

No dice, did you talk to him?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Keep trying if he doesn't answer he's usually working on a car. He answers late in the evening as well

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Just got off the phone with the pypes rep and unfortunately it's in 409 ss and not 304ss. Really was wishing for the 304. Kits should be available in 2 weeks. There still waiting on the rush order for the pipes in front of the mufflers.

That page doesn't tell you the material used thow. Just says stainless.

I just think for the price and its 409 ss vs 304 ss . RJC or GN1 would be a better deal . That's just me

The 409 will rust. There's a big difference between both grades.Look at your stock headers. Yes I agree there a good deal for an upgraded exhaust.

will rustGN1, post: 3737672, member: 819"]The 409 will rust. There's a big difference between both grades.Look at your stock headers. Yes I agree there a good deal for an upgraded exhaust.[/QUOTE]
Yes , your right the 409 will rust

Some info from Summit Racing. https://m.summitracing.com/search?keyword=SGG51R

IMG_3628.PNG
IMG_3629.PNG

Both the fit and sound on the Pype's 3" dual exhaust system is excellent.

No annoying drone, but nice tone.

Not sure when my order will arrive, but I will stock the 3" system to supplement the 2-1/2" systems I now carry.

So Nick, you haven't had any issue with the 2 1/2 system rusting? I know you told me you thought it was 304. Any idea of the price you'll be selling it for?

I purchased the 3" from TR three years ago. Fits great, sounds good and still looks new. I believe I ordered on a Monday and had delivered by Friday.