New pump pressure.

I think the switch operates the green/red light on controller. However there is a pump pressure adjustment also pretty sure. As someone stated AlkyContorl is off this week, I’ll give them a shout on Monday.

i had the exact issue with the new pump last year. New pump in the 140 psi range when the old pumps would be closer to 180 psi. My car was down on power at the GS Nationals , lost 11 mph in the eighth ! Julio had me turn the "turn on" up and my car went back to normal on the track even though the pump is not outputting what the old units did. I will be testing something next week in Bowling Green and report back...

Bryan

Here is an email response I received back from Alkycontrol today.
( I usually get 140 at 11.5-12v on the car. At 14 volts pressure will be higher, but typically you should only need 100-120 tops )
So, with that being said I should be good, but why the instructions say it should read 170-180? maybe old instructions that are not up to date with newer style pump? I guess my next question to them now would be, How or at what PSI do I know the pump is bad or going bad? That is the purpose of buying the hundred-dollar tester? I'm starting to think I bought a tester that I may not need.

Just received another response from Alkycontrol.

Older instructions.
The pump should make 200 psi with 14 volts at the pump
The car is off, there is a little loss of power from controller to pump voltage wise, settings within controller, etc so 140 should be about right not running. In the future when you test, you should see the same pressure. If so.. all is well

Looks like I'm good to go. I'm going to check what PSI the new pump shows on the tester with the car running. I get 14.2 on the scanmaster when engine is running. I'll follow up a little later.

Ok, test with key just in run postion 11.7 volts, pump test @ 140psi. Engine running 14.2 volts @ 170psi.
I'm not bashing, but why would anyone sell a tester with the wrong info in the instructions? 🤷‍♂️. Just saying.....

Just tested last night.... My new pump does 180 range engine not running. I didnt try starting engine.

You must have some good voltage running to the pump? or you got a better pump than I did?
Just whatever voltage the battery had. Installing the same pump on a friend's car soon. Both were brand new and direct from Julio. We are going to check his pressure as well. I will report back with our findings.

Just whatever voltage the battery had. Installing the same pump on a friend's car soon. Both were brand new and direct from Julio. We are going to check his pressure as well. I will report back with our findings.
interesting. mine is a new pump from Julio as well, but I could only get 180 PSI if the motor was running and my scanmaster read 14.2 volts.

was your engine running when you tested your pump?

I haven't connected the pressure sensor to the new Alky pump pump yet but... My AFR went to 8.8 on the 2 step without making any other changes. The new pump that I got May 4th is rated at 300 psi on the label ! I am about 14.7 volts on my log. Julio said that I got the first one from him. It is definitely putting out a lot !

Bryan

interesting. mine is a new pump from Julio as well, but I could only get 180 PSI if the motor was running and my scanmaster read 14.2 volts.

was your engine running when you tested your pump?
My engine was not running. I took a video but I'm sure I cannot post it.

I haven't connected the pressure sensor to the new Alky pump pump yet but... My AFR went to 8.8 on the 2 step without making any other changes. The new pump that I got May 4th is rated at 300 psi on the label ! I am about 14.7 volts on my log. Julio said that I got the first one from him. It is definitely putting out a lot !

Bryan
Why are you spraying Alky on the two step? Just curious... If you apply ground to the purple wire, the alky system turns off. Huge help with spool up.