New prop valve//brakes do not feel right

NOKA72

Hey guys. Bought a new prop valve from one of our vendors. Which I think they all sell the same one. But anyway. I did wheel cylinders and the prop valve and I don't like the pedal feel. I really think it's the prop valve. Anyone else have any issues with aftermarket valve. I really want to swap in my original just to try it. Now when I brake I can hear the prop valve. Sounds like it's bottoming out. As crazy as that sounds. Anyone ever have this trouble. Thanks vinny

Kind of in the same boat here. New prop valve, but can't get any fluid to the rears.

Did you depress the button on the end of the prop valve while bleeding?
Did you bleed the MC?

I did not depress the button. Bled them at least a dozen times and the master. I have good flow to all the wheels. Very odd.

Just an update. Swapped the prop valve with the old one. Much better. Also found what looks like a small leak from under the cap on the right side. Now I have to adjust the back brakes better and bleed again. And go from there. Vinny

All our vendors seem to sell the same one. You can get them anywhere even eBay. HTH. vinny

After doing a vacuum conversion I was able to get fluid to the rears reliably, but the brake pedal is very slow to return to the original position.

Additionally, the new prop valve is leaking (albeit very very little) at the two fittings for the front wheels; hence if fluid is getting out - air is getting in.

My next endeavor is to re-flare those lines to ensure the fitment is good. Hopefully I'll get a good bleed in after that, and the pedal will go back to normal.

I mentioned this Years and Years ago to NOT mess with the OEM prop valve unless you absolutely have to. Even if you switch over to all 4 Disc brakes and you buy a aftermarket prop valve from like BAER... You still leave the OEM one Alone! Many here have argued saying you can't have two prop valves but this is right from BAER brakes and I ran mine for at least 7yrs without a single issue and also made it into the top 5 at a BAER brake speed stop challenge...

Once you mess with the OEM prop valve you now opened a can of worms, plus getting the "Right One" can be tricky too since they had 2 or 3 different styles for these cars yet they looked identical.

Thanks Scott. Now...this begs the question. Where do we pick up an OEM proportioning valve?

Thanks Scott. Now...this begs the question. Where do we pick up an OEM proportioning valve?
VERY good question! And better yet, the Correct one! I have No idea who would carry an OEM or better yet the exact one that was on your car... People sell them but they just see "A" prop valve and say "Here is a new proportioning valve" to make a quick buck. None will take the time to research them and offer all the different types that were made for our cars.

VERY good question! And better yet, the Correct one! I have No idea who would carry an OEM or better yet the exact one that was on your car... People sell them but they just see "A" prop valve and say "Here is a new proportioning valve" to make a quick buck. None will take the time to research them and offer all the different types that were made for our cars.

Thanks Scott. Hope I never need one.:eek: