New Products!!!!!

G

Gamble

I am some what new to the Buicks, but have been racing mustangs for years. When things first started getting hot and heavy between the two, the Buicks had them covered . Now It seems to be the other way. I am not trying to say mustangs are better or anything, don't get me wrong I love my 86 GN . Still the Buicks are now taking tricks from the mustangs and trying to convert them to our cars. The biggest differance I can tell between the two groups is competition. The mustangs have their own racing series ( NMRA) that put's out a bi-monthly paper filled with stories about their cars, their series, as well as new products!! The thing is over 50 pages and great reading. The series, in conjunction with the paper, full of vendor ads, helps promote competition between vendors. This preasures manufactures to come out with new products and lower prices on existing products. The paper promotes the east coast / west coast race series that gives the Mustang racers a chance to compete in many classes, thus helping the manufactures know what works and doesn't . All this has taken these cars from not very impressive to being able to run mid 7's on 28x10.5's, and drive the cars to cruse night's or street races.I am very excited that these ideas could be used to push Buick performance levels forward.

After reading my own post , I don't know if my point came across through all my rambling. Just from back in the day of Fords vs Buicks it seems the mustangs have come much further as far as new parts being built and perf. being pushed to new levels. I'm not saying that the Buick racers are at fault here. Just that we all need to decide on new ways, and what needs to be done to move foward with the sport as well as the cars we all love. If anyone has any idea's to add feel free!!! I can't be the only one who feel that we are in a rut. Just my 2 cents.

I guess it comes from being outnumbered and also that our cars were stopped being produced more than 15 yrs ago, going up against vehicles that are still in production...With maybe 50000 SFI Turbo Buicks ever built going up against MILLIONS of Mustangs still in production, it isn't hard to think that there is no new parts and products being produced for them...That is far from the truth...With the new Alum block, along with the heads now being tested by TA Performance and with other stuff being developed like the new MAF by Red, we are still holding our own against a massive opposition...

I'm not saying we arn't holding our own, we are. And yes the alum block and new heads are great! But how long has it taken to get these things? I know they are still making mustangs like belly buttons. But I would have thought things would have progressed a little faster!

I can see that my posts have little to do with new products , so here are a few. Horizontal mount intercooler, cheaper torque arm kit , MAF's like the ones being built by Granatelli and Pro- M for everything under the sun. Bolt in high HP fuel system, 1/2 inch stock style pickup, pre cut lines and fittings, mod. fuel rails , more heads, cranks, blocks, rods ,pistons, intakes, and of course a MAF style fuel management system . I know there are not a lot of us compared to the mustangs , and it is hard to tool up parts for such a few but I can still ask. Thanks.

The way I see it, most of the stock pieces such as block, heads, crank, rods, pistons are all good well into the 11's, your average TR owner isn't going to need to upgrade them. It is not cost effective for EVERYTHING that goes into developing and manufacturing these parts if only say 1,000 or 2,000 people buy them.