New poster/TTA help??

TTA#1001 said:
Thanks for the link. I'm not sure I want to spend 300.00 plus for motor mounts. :eek:

I found a left and a right motor mount for the GN's at Advanced auto. Would the left side motor mount for the GN work for the TTA?

Thanks.

No TTA and GN mounts are different. That's why they charge so much for TTA mounts.

72firebird said:
No TTA and GN mounts are different. That's why they charge so much for TTA mounts.

I wonder why "every" auto part place sells the right side motor mount, but not the left side? :confused:

You mentioned something about cutting off a tab, on the right side of a motor mount in order to use it on the left side.

I've heard that several people bought a right side motor mount at O'reilly's or another parts place, and used it on the left side. I never heard if they cut a tab or not, but I guess they had to do something in order for it to work.

The car also has a little bit of a fuel smell while I'm driving it around. I don't think it's the fuel line?? I checked under the hood, and there's no fuel leaking anywhere just a smell that is noticeable while driving the car..

You guys think it might be an leaking injector or maybe the fuel pressure regulator??? What about the vapor canister filter and or the gas cap??

Thanks.

TTA#1001 said:
I wonder why "every" auto part place sells the right side motor mount, but not the left side? :confused:

The driver side was discontinued a long time ago. Get the pass side mount and install it, they are the same. If you want, you can compare the old mount to the new mount and do a small amount of grinding but there's really no need.

So the original GM blueprints for the TTA motor mounts starts with the same part number (the right hand side motor mount) then for the left hand side mount the grind down one of the tabs to cater for some clearnece issues they might have with the differnces in manufacturing to make sure every TTA have a safe clearence for (I beleive) the oil cooler lines then suddenly the left hand motor mount gets a different part number. So the left and right are exactly the same to start out with and as been suggested compere the left one you take off your car to one you can get at NAPA, Kragan or similar. Hope this helps

TTA#1001 said:
Does anyone know anybody in the Memphis, TN area that are familar with these cars?

Howdy new guy!

Here is the email of a TTA bud of mine in Memphis, he's been around awhile.
Just get in touch with him and he can probably help yuh out with events and advice.

Lee Rich
lrich@midsouth.rr.com

89ICBM and Jan among many others thanks for your help. :)

I ended up e-mailing John Pearcy at Johnsperformance a few days ago.. He said the same thing, that the right side would work for the left. I ended up buying two mounts tonight from oreilly's. I would've like to bought the parts from John, but I don't have the extra 400.00 (right now) for his top notch mounts. :frown:

I'm going to get them installed one day next week.

I did a little cross referencing on our mounts, and it looks like our mounts fit 13-14 other cars and trucks. From a 88-93 Chevy Caprice, to an 91-94 Oldsmobile Bravada, 88-90 S15 Pickup, 92-93 GMC Typhoon. The part numbers were all the same.

89ICBM, thanks for the email to Lee Rich. I appreciate it.