New personal land speed record :)

[quote="..I also skied behind it wide open...:eek: ...I loved it...[/quote]

I like that hi-speed skiing part!!! That's BIG FUN!!!:D

[quote="..I also skied behind it wide open...:eek: ...I loved it...

I like that hi-speed skiing part!!! That's BIG FUN!!!:D[/quote]
Oh yeah, 80 mph with a piece of fiberglass strapped to your feet is much more of a rush than doing any speed in a vehicle for sure and feels like your doing 300+ :D So yeah, about 80mph is my water speed record not inside a boat! Was behind a Tritan ?? Outboard speed boat with a 250 i think outboard. Boat would go around 100 not pulling a skier :)

Outboards can be fast. My Dad has a '75 Ceebee Avenger with a '76 Johnson 115 HP outboard (2 stroke). I went through the motor a couple years ago, added a cavitation plate, and got it up to 70mph according to the GPS. (3 blade prop) Not too shabby. That thing would scream with a 250 on the back. Pic below is of the same model.

attachment.php

i hit the fuel cutoff in my 94 Caprice 9C1 one time.. needed to blow off some steam after a shitty night at work, so i held it to the rug for about a mile on a flat straight road.. it pulled and pulled and pulled right up to (i think) 146mph, then it just stopped pulling and stayed there... the way it was pulling, it felt like it probably had another 30mph in it, and it actually felt more stable and planted to the ground than it did at 60mph.. right as i hit the cutoff, i remembered that it was 3am and i see a lot of deer on that stretch of road, so i let off and coasted back down to 60.. not 30 seconds later, i passed a county cop going the opposite direction right at the top of a hill...

Back in the early 80's while in the Army my friends and I were going to a club on a Friday night. He had a 81 Camaro and don't remember the size of his engine. I had a 75 Chevy Cheyenne long bed with a 73 454 in it. We got up on the highway and raced to the club. It was a Nascar type formation. I couldn't pass him but he didn't get away either. When we got to the club I asked him how fast he was going and he said 130.:) Also while stationed in Germany in my security job we had Audi 100's. We had 3 of them for chase vehicles. Been 145 on the Autobahn in them. Good fun memories. I don't do this anymore.

Outboards can be fast. My Dad has a '75 Ceebee Avenger with a '76 Johnson 115 HP outboard (2 stroke). I went through the motor a couple years ago, added a cavitation plate, and got it up to 70mph according to the GPS. (3 blade prop) Not too shabby. That thing would scream with a 250 on the back. Pic below is of the same model.

attachment.php
Yeah, similar type of boat. It was a Triad with a 225 VMax on it, not 250 as I thought before..trying to find a pic of it and all I found was one with the motor laying in the back seat after he hit something and knocked the entire motor off...several of his buddies helped pull it out of 6 ft deep water and sat it in the back seatwith the cables still connected to it. He tore it apart and had it running again the next day.

My turbo car lifts at 145 so steering gets very scary, never went any faster even though it will go much faster.
My 97 Cobra hits the fuel shut off at 152 but rock stable.
My Stage 1 runs out of speedometer but keeps pulling and fairly stable at 130-135?
Had a 63 Chrysler State trooper car with a police HO 413 back in the late 60's with a round 125 mph speedo and would put the needle down on the odometer.

But my all time fastest was when I worked for Yamaha back in the 70's, ran a drag bike 9.2 at 143 mph. Built engines for their racing division, would jet and plug test them.
The YZ road racers (no speedo) tached out in 6th would hit 194-196. I tached one out in 6th. The noise and wind was insane.

I'm 60, never been over 200 mph and that is on my bucket list.

Mikey

Fastest ive been is 186 MPH on a built liter bike (Repsol CBR).

As far as my GN not sure but I would say north of 150 back in the day when I used to lock the TCC at WOT. I got into a tangle with a AMG Mercedes and with a 28 inch tire and convertor locked I was near 5000 RPM... we were flat moving.
The speed where you have the vibration waves going ...wooom wooom wooom wooom:eek:

I remember the look on his faced when I caught him in at the top of third and passed and started slowly pulling away:cool: he thought I had nitrous. This was on a looong straight stretch of road in Fl.

Had my Nissan R32 about 145 when I lived in Japan racing a 2nd gen Supra, he had missed 2nd gear on a dig race and then rolled along side and we went from 50.....he lost again.

My dad had a 21 Bumble Bee bass boat several years back with a Yamaha 225 low water pickup racing lower unit, jackplate and it would do 82 MPH.

I dont care for the fast boat stuff so much as I have been in a high speed porpoising event and that scared the living #$%! outta me. One of the few times I really really thought this is it..... im dead. God miracled us outta that!!

Fastest 1/4 mile I have been in was a friends AWD Sonoma (4 ET streets) with a big SBC and a two stage nitrous setup all totaling well north of a 1000 HP. I was shotgun we made a pass and the second stage that day was a 350 shot which he sprayed on the 1-2 shift ...My vision tunneled and back cracked like at the chiroprator...what a rush!! That truck is wicked!!! Easy 8 second truck