255 FP
hotwire
adj FPR
Adjustable WG/RJR boost controller
plugs/wire/fuel filter/oil & filter, ZDD
160 stat
test pipe
scan master
contemplating TA49 also but not sure how "direct bolt in" it is, any input would be appreciated

Your 49 will bolt on with little to no problem BUT let me warn you that the path your bout to go can be never ending , In a good way tho , Once this is done , then we need to do this , then that to make more power then we need an upgraded exhaust so it will breathe better then we need a tranny with all the good parts to hold the power we are making . See where I'm going ? But its where you wanna be with your car . I would go ahead and get the 60 lb injectors tho . Good luck and keep us posted

So I'm finally ready to order and thought I'd run my plans by you all first:
42# inj/TT Chip
255 FP
hotwire
adj FPR
160 stat
test pipe
scan master
contemplating TA49 also but not sure how "direct bolt in" it is, any input would be appreciated
if your not planning on racing or going to the track then wouldn't worry about most of that stuff but everyone wants what they want, most say there is not much gain going with 42 inj,

are you keeping the stock air box and maf sensor
that is one sweet looking low mileage car

42# inj/TT Chip
255 FP
hotwire
adj FPR
160 stat
test pipe
scan master

From my many years of experience and buying shit 10 different times I would do this to keep on the same path as what you want.

80lb injectors and a TT WB chip
Powerlogger with WB sensor
DW300
Racetronix Hotwire kit
Kirbans billet Adj Fuel pressure Reg.
Skip the Rjc boost controller for now
plugs/fuel filter/oil & filter, ZDDP is good. I like Vr1 10w30
Wires get the RM from RJC
160 Stat is good
Get a RJC DP with test pipe
Scanmaster G would be nice with the powerlogger but powerlogger is a must

As for turbo dont waste your time with a Ta49.. granted I had that turbo and love it but I would call Bison and get him to make you a a turbo. I think a 6262 would be a great turbo to start with and be able to grow into.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

42# inj/TT Chip
255 FP
hotwire
adj FPR
160 stat
test pipe
scan master

The TA49 is a direct bolt on that looks stock. To get the benefits from the TA49 you will need to run higher boost.

You can safely run 25-28 psi. with the following.

1) run race gas all the time with matching chip (expensive, looks stock) if not driving the car much this may an option. [60 lb. inj. w/ 255 lph fuel pump.]

2) run 91-93 pump gas w/ alky injection and matching chip (extra tank, pump. hoses and controller) doesn't look stock. [42.5 lb. inj. 255 lph fuel pump]

3) run E85 fuel with matching chip (looks stock).
80 lb. injectors, 340 lph fuel pump (w/ -6 an fuel return line or a 510 lph double pumper on stock fuel lines) fuel pump hot wire kit (the double pumpers come with it included), volt booster for higher system voltage (fuel pump and ignition)

Since your purchasing injectors and a fuel pump anyway, E85 would be a nice way to go if it's readily available in your area.

All the above would go mid to low 11's with the TA49, 3" downpipe and good exhaust w/ a big neck (2 1/2") stock intercooler or a larger stock location intercooler (SLIC).

It doesn't take much to make these cars pretty fast.
Porting the stock wastegate elbow will take you to high 11's with a more stock look, but a 3" downpipe is more efficient.

The stock trans w/ shift kit will take you to the mid 11's (for a little while).

It takes most guys the addition of ported heads to run in the 10's which is where the 6262 shines.

Cottons performance ( www.cottonsperformance.com ) has TA5858 and TA6262 turbos that look stock as well.

Welcome and enjoy the journey.

Thanks for the input! My goal is a 12 sec street trim car, I had someone mention that what a package may do in race trim will be diff than what it would do on the street, meaning it can could do 12's with "X" mods but on sticky tires, bags, hard launch etc... but that would be different than running 12's in a "street trim"-hope that makes sense. As I said in the beginning, my goal is a near stock looking car that can be made stock again easily if needed- which is why I asked about the fitment of the TA49 vs the stock turbo. If I can reach my goal with the chip and turning up the stock turbo some then that's probably adequate for me. I have no intention to track the car regularly but my Audi group sponsors 2 track days annually and I'd love to take the car to those maybe once a year- and ideally have a 12 sec/100+ mph capable car. thanks again, I really appreciate it!

I was able to run 12s with drag radials, cat back exhaust, cai, dutt neck intercooler, 36lb injectors, hot wire kit, 255 fuel pump, afr, 100 oct chip, home made rocket fuel, scanmaster and spring cleaning. Had to do some chip adjustments but not much. Perfectly streetable at the end of the stock turbo's usuable pressure.

From my many years of experience and buying shit 10 different times I would do this to keep on the same path as what you want.

80lb injectors and a TT WB chip
Powerlogger with WB sensor
DW300
Racetronix Hotwire kit
Kirbans billet Adj Fuel pressure Reg.
Skip the Rjc boost controller for now
plugs/fuel filter/oil & filter, ZDDP is good. I like Vr1 10w30
Wires get the RM from RJC
160 Stat is good
Get a RJC DP with test pipe
Scanmaster G would be nice with the powerlogger but powerlogger is a must

As for turbo dont waste your time with a Ta49.. granted I had that turbo and love it but I would call Bison and get him to make you a a turbo. I think a 6262 would be a great turbo to start with and be able to grow into.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I did call Bison and he suggested the TA49 which he'll have available to ship on Friday, everything else seems routine.

good job on all your research I got my car a year ago and spent a year before that on this forum and other areas researching, mostly about originality and what to look for, but anyways I'm still learning every day on so much cool stuff

good job on all your research I got my car a year ago and spent a year before that on this forum and other areas researching, mostly about originality and what to look for, but anyways I'm still learning every day on so much cool stuff

thank you, there is for sure a lot to learn and as I was warned by a forum member "if you ask 10 people a question you'll likely get 12 different opinions" :). My main goal is to look as stock as possible, have a 12 sec capable car and be able to replace the stock parts if needed without a tremendous amount of hassle. I have no intention of getting rid of the car as it's something of a unicorn and I'm a buy and hold guy more than a trader. These few mods will make the car more enjoyable to me which in the end is what I care about most, enjoying my GN.

thats what I did just got the maf and chip from Eric, switched the shitty flow master exhaust it had on it and got the ac switched over to 134 who would have knew that the red ford orfice tube was better so much knowledge on here , no she is running great now its so hard not to do more aaaahhhhh, have a happy thanks giving

thanks for all the great input! it's all either here or on the way:
60#inj & 2 TT Chips, 1 for 93 and 1 for 104
255 FP
hotwire
adj FPR (Kirban)
Adjustable WG
AC plugs/ Kirban wires/fuel filter/oil & filter, ZDD
160 stat
test pipe
scan master
Bison TA49
Did 1 baseline 0-60 with Dragy weeks ago but will try again in these cooler temps to see what I can get- will then see what she does after install, other than roast the tires.

thanks for all the great input! it's all either here or on the way:
60#inj & 2 TT Chips, 1 for 93 and 1 for 104
255 FP
hotwire
adj FPR (Kirban)
Adjustable WG
AC plugs/ Kirban wires/fuel filter/oil & filter, ZDD
160 stat
test pipe
scan master
Bison TA49
Did 1 baseline 0-60 with Dragy weeks ago but will try again in these cooler temps to see what I can get- will then see what she does after install, other than roast the tires.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new rocket! Looks like you’ve found the right ingredients to have some serious fun! You’ve also picked one of the best vendors (Bison) to do business with. The killer thing about Bison is that he knows what works and what doesn’t and he’s one of the best at providing go fast formulas. So, you are on the right path for sure and now that you have a relationship with Bison you should be fine! As he can steer you wherever you wanna go which will save you a boat load of time and money in the long run!!

Congrats again and enjoy the forum. Lots of good dudes on here and all are willing to share their knowledge! So, don’t hesitate to ask!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have been researching more deeply and it seems I may wreck my stock trans with these mods I'm doing, any thoughts? If so then what should I be looking for as an upgrade?

I would just plan an upgrade on the tranny now before it lets you down and nasty up all the lines . That's just my thoughts cause the more you throw hp at it the quicker its gonna fail . Good Luck and keep us posted .