New OEM MAF

hottrawd

I have a new in the box still wrapped in plastic MAF, part number BP 25007653, someone had 1985 wrote on it but did some searching and one google search said it was for the 84. Anyone have an idea which one its for. I'd look on my 84 but I can't get to the body shop for awhile.

Eric, do you know what the difference was? I don't think it's a calibration issue, since I believe the airflow maps are identical. I did notice the connector latch is slightly different on the image I posted, and uses a different connector as far as I can tell. I have the cal flow numbers for the one in the image.

:confused: i always thought the 84s & 85s used the same MAF sensor ......... what is the difference and why are they not interchangeable?

bw jones

in searching through threads, i've yet to find where anyone has made a distinction between the 84 & 85 MAF sensors when selling, buying or replacing ..... they generally say it is for a 'hotair' or 84/85 application. the assumption that they are interchangeable must be a fairly common misconception?
still puzzled:confused: .

bw jones

I don't know what the difference is either. I was hoping somebody knew. I know of a few us hot air guys having drivabilty problems with the stock parts and chip. One thing in common was a mismatch of stuff. I.e. reman'd MAF,Brand X chip. I don't have a good running car otherwise I'd bolt some parts on and see what numbers kick out.

Well like I said, I have a new one still in the box. I was considering selling it, any idea on what they are worth?