New Member - Turbo Regal Limited (Need a Shipper)

Tizzledizzle

Hey gang, been lurking and learning a lot for a few weeks now. I pulled the trigger on a Turbo Regal up in Massachusetts (I'm in Austin, TX). I'm dying to get my hands on the car and getting to work getting it on the road.

Looking forward to learning more from the tribal knowledge here. Speaking of which, does anyone have recommendations on a reliable carrier service that would haul the car down from Mass to Texas?

TW

I just had one shipped from Spokane WA to North MS , a little over 2000 miles . I used Montway Transport but I think at the end of the day they are all brokers , Good luck and Congrats on your Limited , please post pics

Jonah Brier at Freedom Auto Transport at 954-947-4740. Used this company to transport my boss' $$$ beauty from Michigan to Oregon = without a hitch, good communication, pick-up and delivery per schedule, fair pricing.

Hello, I would suggest Thomas C Sunday Enclosed auto Transport (see web site) below. Tom himself has been driving for over 40 years and most of their drivers are minimum 25 years plus. This is a small enclosed auto transport company with state or the art equipment and is a family business - NOT like Reliable Auto Transport out of Michigan which will treat you like a number. You can call Charlene Mahoney at 1-800-541-6601 and she can provide you with a rate from MA to TX which they run all the time.

Just as a sidenote, the new owner that purchased Dennis Kirban's MINT Personal 1987 White Turbo Regal this past spring was in Texas also and he used Thomas Sunday to have it delivered from PA to TX and was VERY happy. You might pay a little more but it's the old story you get what you pay for.

Be super careful, if the price seems to cheap or good to be true OR beware of these guys on the internet with little or no reviews and they farm it all out and are brokers or use a dually pick-up with a open deck trailer. I have heard many horror stories of cars not being delivered for weeks later after the new owner was expecting it, or their new pride and joy (car) showing up damaged with roofs dented or other body panels or even worst parts missing on original cars.

www.sundayautotransport.com

Hope this helps and good luck!

Suggest you take plenty of pictures of your car prior to loading and while loading. Also, document the mileage and have the driver document any imperfections he sees. If your chip has a valet mode, turn that on. Too many horror stories on here after cars have been shipped.

Thanks everyone. I'll give these folks a call and see how they stack up against current quotes. Decided I definitely don't want to use a broker so still gathering quotes from a few recommended direct carriers. Since the car isn't running and already needs some love on the body I'm not all that worried about it during transport. Mostly want to see it here in once piece, in a timely fashion.

Sunday Transport (Kathy) was super helpful and quick. They have quite a backlog so she pointed me towards some other folks. I went ahead and booked with Passport Transport. Car should arrive around Thanksgiving week!

In case anyone else stumbles on this thread looking for a shipper, I can't recommend Passport enough.

It was great dealing directly with the carrier (especially after all the harassing calls from the brokers). They beat their estimate by 2+ weeks. The driver was super accommodating and was able to get his big rig right up to my front door, which I didn't think would be possible as it's an older neighborhood with winding roads and tall mature tree canopy. Car was inoperable and he even helped me push it right into place in the garage.

They will be my first call, every time from now on.