New member. Rescued a 86 turbo t

vq35det2005

New guy here, just rescued a 86 turbo t been sitting under a tree for about 16 years. Got lucky on it. Was invited to do some target practice on his property I saw it out the corner of my eye, I told myself naw it couldn't be...
So I asked him, "Is that what I think it is" ? He said "Yeap". So of course I asked to check it out. We went over there he was surprised I knew what kinda of car it was. He then asked if i like the car, I said hell yeah I do, he tossed me the keys, said come on in I will sign the title over to ya, you can have it. Left me dumbfounded and in shock. So I am here now.... lol

Attachments

• 20170924_103056.jpg
    20170924_103056.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 168
More pics

Attachments

• 20171001_214321.jpg
    20171001_214321.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 169
  • 20170910_154240.jpg
    20170910_154240.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 196
  • 20170910_154225.jpg
    20170910_154225.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 168
Wow, congrats. Looks like you have some work ahead but you cannot beat free to start off with. Is the drivetrain all there? You are in the right place for parts and insight. Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. What's she look like under the hood? Did he say if it ran when he parked it? How's the underside look?

The engine is out. He rebuilt it and left it on the stand. I need a trans. He scraped it years ago . It was his daily driver until the trans went out. He started working on it and just lost interest. I am cleaning the car now. It's starting to look decent.

Very Nice!

As said. You've come to the right place. Lots of good info and great people here. Check the parts section and keep an eye out for a 200R4 trans.
Take your time, get with the locals in your area. What state do you live in?

Oh yea! Welcome to the site and happy spooling. :)

Mike Barnard

Middle Georgia around Warner Robbins, is my location. So if anybody has a trans in my area give me a shout.

Cool dude , similiar condition to what mine was when I got it. How are the floors, rockers, doors, quarters?

Cool dude , similiar condition to what mine was when I got it. How are the floors, rockers, doors, quarters?
Everything seems solid. Just a tiny little surface rust. The bumper fillers gone make the car look horrible. Over all I am surprised the condition the car is in for sitting out side. I have seen worse I moved down here from Michigan now that some serious rust...lol

I got a brf trans that needs finished rebuilding if you’re interested. I’m in Georgia. Here is my number 770-820-8676. Text me if you’re interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are in luck. :)

There is a very strong following of great Turbo Buick people in the Atlanta area. They have monthly meetings and should be able to help you with parts and knowledge. They have a closed (private) group on Facebook. I'll put a link to this thread there and see if someone can get you the secret hand shake to get in. ;)

By the way, what's your name?

Mike B.

Just copied from the Turbo Buick Club of Atlanta. (on Facebook).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devin Watts Hey Mike can you let him know that I have a BFR 200 r-4 transmission and ptc 2800 lockup converter for sale.
Price: 2k

Recently built by Neal Racing Transmission Out of Snellville, Ga. http://www.nealtrans.com

The Transmission has less than 5k miles, no issues at all.

I'm doing some major upgrades, and it's going to require a much stronger transmission.

I didn't realize these 200r4 trans are quite expensive for this buick. I am going to have to save my pennies.

I didn't realize these 200r4 trans are quite expensive for this buick. I am going to have to save my pennies.
That was a price for a trans and converter. That converter is about 1k on it's own. You're going to find that these cars don't have too many cheap parts.