New member looking to buy. Anyone know this 87 GN 10.5sec @ Gateway Classics in Chi.IL

101K, and marked "unknown"... Sounds like the usual BS used car deal.
And, at that price, I suggest whomever wrote that ad, back away from the bong....

I agree it's over priced,definitely wouldn't pay that much for it.

The dealer just told me its a consignment car and the current owner bought it built and that he picked it up from someone out of Missouri.

On one hand, you could probably find a similar car for ten grand less.

But even at that price, you can smoke a Hellcat for half the cost of one.;)

Even at 37K, there's no guaranty of it being a turn key, properly built GN. I'd pass on this one for 37K.

Oh yea! Welcome to the site.:)

Mike Barnard

On one hand, you could probably find a similar car for ten grand less.

But even at that price, you can smoke a Hellcat for half the cost of one.;)

Even at 37K, there's no guaranty of it being a turn key, properly built GN. I'd pass on this one for 37K.

Oh yea! Welcome to the site.:)

Mike Barnard

Thanks for the welcome

I agree no way at $37
I'm thinking $25-27 at most

If only I can find out who built it and the details
Someone's gotta recognize the plate with "Badd GN" on it

I'm sure I'll find another one in Florida sooner or later

If only I can find out who built it and the details
Someone's gotta recognize the plate with "Badd GN" on it
Good choice!(y)
There's 1000's of "10 sec" cars out there, including Buicks....The problem is, many/most never reach that level of performance.............Or, stay together doing so.
How many times have we heard: "Yep, my GN is the fastest car around here. Wanna run it? It's just like the one my 3rd cousin's g/f, uncle, had in 1987. Came from the factory w/ a special order twin turbo in it".:D

Good choice!(y)
There's 1000's of "10 sec" cars out there, including Buicks....The problem is, many/most never reach that level of performance.............Or, stay together doing so.
How many times have we heard: "Yep, my GN is the fastest car around here. Wanna run it? It's just like the one my 3rd cousin's g/f, uncle, had in 1987. Came from the factory w/ a special order twin turbo in it".:D

Wait what? A twin turbo?
Son of a Bitch!!! I could have been that uncle :ROFLMAO:

I built this car and drove and raced this car. It was too nice to have a cage installed. I sold.it and the new owner had a cage installed. The engine was a RPE that I installed. I'm guessing it is still in the car. The best et was a 11.01 at 131.1. That was a vette and 2 other gns ago. Price may be high to some, could be a OK deal for someone that wants to write a check and have a fairly quick GN.

My friend bought this car from my friend 1quickgn. He put the bar in it . He ran it at the 2010 bowling green nats in tai class. Ran 10.59 @129. Very nice, fast, and drive anywhere car. Went to many a cruise night parked next to this car!

I built this car and drove and raced this car. It was too nice to have a cage installed. I sold.it and the new owner had a cage installed. The engine was a RPE that I installed. I'm guessing it is still in the car. The best et was a 11.01 at 131.1. That was a vette and 2 other gns ago. Price may be high to some, could be a OK deal for someone that wants to write a check and have a fairly quick GN.

It is beautiful. Nice Job
If you don't mind can you list the specs?
How many miles did you put on it after the build?

My friend bought this car from my friend 1quickgn. He put the bar in it . He ran it at the 2010 bowling green nats in tai class. Ran 10.59 @129. Very nice, fast, and drive anywhere car. Went to many a cruise night parked next to this car!

Thanks for the info
Do you know how many miles your buddy put
on after he bought it from 1quickgn?

bro, the price of that car is $10k too high. the dealer isn't coming down $10k. keep searching and forget this car. there are plenty of other out there like it. in fact, there are countless mid 10 second TR's out there.

don't be that sucker cause you WANT it. the second you buy it u will be $10k in the hole and never be able to sell it in the future without taking a bath on it!

Thanks for the info
Do you know how many miles your buddy put
on after he bought it from 1quickgn?