New member in Huntsville Alabama 1987 Grand National

Moose1974

Wanted to introduce myself to the members. My name is Jeff from Alabama and I recently bought a 1987 Grand National with 47K miles. The car has been in storage for the last 6 years and runs rough. Im hoping I can meet members in here and they can point me in the righ direction to get this car running awesome. Again I live in Huntsville Alabama, Any information or contact is appreciated. Thanks, mJeff

Welcome aboard! Lots of great info and super knowledgeable folks here.

My car sat for 8-9 years so I feel your pain! But, don’t drive it until you follow the spring cleaning checklist! Then we’ll need to find out what mods you’ve got (and what mods you’ll need just to be safe)! In that, today’s modern fuels do not agree with our cars! So, do the spring cleaning items and let’s see what all you’ve had done to your car!!

http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, ill check out the list and see what has been done to the car. It do know has a scan master already installed and additional gauges along with a racing chip in the glove box. I can take pictures and attach so all can see what i have

Alright guys...what do I have here
IMG_1087.JPG
IMG_1087.JPG
IMG_1133.JPG
IMG_1087.JPGIMG_1133.JPG
IMG_1096.JPG
IMG_1091.JPG

Who can help me get this tuned in and they live close to Huntsville Alabama? Im oldschool and this turbo and stuff has go me punked!

Hello Jeff and Welcome to the Greatest Turbo Regal Site , also Congrats on your GN . I'm in New Albany , MS so I'm not far at all from you , Let me know if I can help 662-419-0626 , Keith
And Nice Garage

Welcome Jeff I live 30 minutes from huntsville. I don’t have a lot of knowledge to help but lane culver could. He lives in Lacey springs and has owned a couple of these cars.

Welcome to TB.com. Nice GN you have there and is that a Chevelle I see parked next to you GN? Awesome looking garage too!

Don't let the injection throw you. Once you start learning it's really not bad. You've got an LS MAF on there. There should be a MAF Translator there but I assume it's buried under the intake pipe. Usually it's just right on the inner fender. It's a small black box the size of a deck of cards.