New Member In Florida.... Look For Any Help On What I Have.

Aso544

Just picked up this 1987 GN this past week. It's decently modded and I'm in the process of decoding the mods to see what I actually have. The original owner who modded the car past away and the details sadly went with him it seems. It's super clean car in and out and pretty damn quick.

Im gonna post pics of the car, engine bay, and the mods I can photo and see what info can be provided by members here as to what it seems I have. If there is a better sub-forum to use please let me know. Thanks for any help.

APqeXVY.jpg

n1Gxmia.jpg

KbbFj8J.jpg

DDCY1RT.jpg

vBJeP67.jpg

ftq0dnl.jpg

ZbhPT2S.jpg

um5IbNa.jpg

DmpP5Ez.jpg

4SigYRx.jpg

iTXHl9w.jpg

h2CxyiE.jpg

aUR0HMQ.jpg

zlBj1jN.jpg

VCbc118.jpg

7Vzw3o2.jpg

HFTW6g4.jpg

xctIZmY.jpg

Xg4TcGF.jpg

You pick up a beauty with a lot of mods alky kit make sure you don't run it dry don't let it get empty or get on it when it is empty. Cause the chip is programed for alky .also I see a translator using the ls1 maf..also have a kennybell intake system on there from the driver side air dam to the filter housing .where in Florida? Ftlauderdale here.

Last edited:
I'll pull the chip this weekend and see what it is. Thanks for the start on decoding this sucker. Feel like I'm back in high school with this beaut.

Hello Friend , First of all congrats on a beautiful GN . As stated , DO NOT let the Alky run low . How many Lbs of boost is the car set on ? I see it has a larger down pipe , What kinda exhaust does it have ? You may need to open your translator box and just look at the settings , They was set that way for a reason . I also see the Alky is set on 6 , If your not reading any knock at WOT then your good to go . Whats your milli volts reading at WOT ? 780 is a good number . Do research and ask questions , Alot of great folks here . AND HAVE FUN .

Thanks for the reply and the help.

1. My aftermarket VDO boost gauge looks to be right at 19-20 lbs at WOT on 93 octane. It's around mid upper 80s here these days.

2. I'll check the exhaust and see what it has from the manifold back this weekend. Know it's a stainless steel exhaust setup but not sure on pipe size.

3. Is it just the 4 screws to open the Translator box? How are the setting identified? Never opened one. I will also check my chip in the passenger door kick panel this weekend as well to see what it is.

4. I may need a tutorial or a link to a manual on the Scan Master to see how it operates and to see the results and what results are acceptable. Definitely like to see the setting to see if it's reading any knock. I haven't touched any of the settings as it came that way and runs great so didn't want mess anything up until I learned what I had.

Thanks again!!!,

Last edited:
Its alot to learn but just go slow , The Scan Master is your friend . Just read alot and ask questions

I found an instruction manual for the Scanmaster online so that helps a lot. Guess a good WOT run and a recall of all the readings would help see where I'm at and if there are any issues to be concerned about.

I found an instruction manual for the Scanmaster online so that helps a lot. Guess a good WOT run and a recall of all the readings would help see where I'm at and if there are any issues to be concerned about.
Yes , The main thing is no knock and we can work on the rest like TPS settings , IAC and Milli Volts

What size turbo and injectors ? We need to find that out . If its a turbo tweak chip then Eric there can help

I'm in Tallahassee.

It looks like a TT chip based on the settings with a 3" LT1 MAF and no change on the WOT.

So if I get the number off the TT chip in the kick panel ECU then " Eric" can decode the settings giving me info on my mods? Correct?

7KH9EIk.jpg

s97yjCn.jpg

Your TT chip was burned for 72lb. injectors, just like it says on the sticker. 21- 23 degrees of timing and 23-25 lbs of boost, on alky of course!

When you order a chip from him you fill out a form listing the modifications you have so he can make a chip based on those modifications. So if you send him a email or PM and ask I'm sure he will tell you what mods were listed when that chip was made based on the 12701 number on the chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

72# injectors are low impedance and require a modified ECM since stock injectors were high impedance. There may be high impedance injectors that I'm not aware of but I'm 99% sure you have a modified ECM so don't swap it out with one that has not been modified for those injectors and don't put that old chip you found in the computer.

Eric Stage 1 is the screen name on this forum for Eric Marshal the TT chip maker.