New member, 86 GN

Tmhyer

Tim from Orlando. Just bought an 86 GN that is all original. Owned an 87 back in ‘94, but made a huge mistake by selling it. Finally at a place where i could buy another one, 24 yrs later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e3bae178faab7dd55708f48b321bd4e0.jpg

This is all i have right now. The aftermarket alarm isn’t allowing it to start right now

Welcome indeed.
I'm glad to see you got an '86, they look waaaay better than the '87's. Lol
I love the color, it looks killer.

Ok, enough of the silliness. There is a wealth of knowledge on here.
I recently removed a faulty alarm myself, I'll take a peek to see what color the starter wires are. I know they are 10 ga., but not sure of the color. You should be able to bypass the starter interrup part.

Cheers,
George

Welcome aboard, and good luck going forward.
FWIW, my TTA just went thru a no-crank issue this summer... one time it was fine, then at the end of a ride it wouldn't crank.
Eventually it was traced to faulty wiring on a half-@ssed starter-interrupter relay under the hood. Butchered up wiring, no fuse, etc. The hot wire had burned through the insulation in a number of spots, everyone said I'm lucky there was no fire :unsure: Please be careful to get it straightened out right.

I looked at mine tonight. It's the 10 ga. purple wire in the harness that runs parallel to the steering column on the right (passenger) side.

There are several 10 ga. wires in that harness as well. It's not the pink one or the red one or the orange one, but the purple one. More than likely it's spiced to extend the wires to the alarm system or the alarm system relay.
Remove the wires from the alarm side and connect them together. That should bypass the alarm system starter interrupt and allow you to start your car and tear up some asphalt.

That's if you decide to do so.

Good luck

Thank you so much for doing that! That may save me a lot! I just had my gall bladder removed, so it will be a few days before i can contort my body under the dash. Thank you again!

Oh for god sakes man, don't let a little thing like your that stand in your way! It's a turbo Buick, get out there and blow some doors off!

I mean, your welcome.

Hehe

I looked at mine tonight. It's the 10 ga. purple wire in the harness that runs parallel to the steering column on the right (passenger) side.

There are several 10 ga. wires in that harness as well. It's not the pink one or the red one or the orange one, but the purple one. More than likely it's spiced to extend the wires to the alarm system or the alarm system relay.
Remove the wires from the alarm side and connect them together. That should bypass the alarm system starter interrupt and allow you to start your car and tear up some asphalt.

That's if you decide to do so.

Good luck

Thank you again for this. Worked like a charm!
IMG_1142.JPG