New LED 1192 replacement bulbs? Are they worth it? Anyone try these yet?

jretrodude

I've seen on various websites of these led replacement bulbs for the standard 1192? Interior bulbs? You can get them in pretty much any color red, amber, yellow, green, etc.? Was wandering if anyone has tried any of these bulbs yet?:) I think they are even making them now for the taillights too? Wandering if these are a cheaper way to go LED than the LED conversion tail light kit being sold or the kirbans dash lighting kit?

It's been a while since I researched this. But here's the jist of what I found out.
I was all gung-ho to get the ones for my taillights after I tinted them. I e-mailed and called the company that advertises on the banners here (or was at the time I was looking).
Hopefully I don't sound too dumb here....... (my memory really sucks lately)........
I would have needed to get some sort of adapter to make them work. I couldn't just stick the bulb in the socket to have it work. It was more involved (cutting and splicing wires), then I wanted to get into.
Anyway, I don't know if I helped at all:rolleyes:, but I decided against them.
I'm saving for the LED kit.

I've seen on various websites of these led replacement bulbs for the standard 1192? Interior bulbs? You can get them in pretty much any color red, amber, yellow, green, etc.? Was wandering if anyone has tried any of these bulbs yet?:) I think they are even making them now for the taillights too? Wandering if these are a cheaper way to go LED than the LED conversion tail light kit being sold or the kirbans dash lighting kit?
I installed some green led's in the Auto Meter gauges (4 of them) in my GN and I'm happy with the result. Yes, they could be a little brighter, but it's still acceptable to me. :smile: As for taillights and front parking lights, I haven't done anything yet...However, I replaced all of my Chevelle's dash light bulbs including the one inside the glove box with some "cool white" led's. I've also added a blue one for the high beam indicator, two green ones for the turn indicators and a red one for the parking brake light and the result is 100% better than the pale, "yellowish" regular bulbs! :wink: I've also replaced the two taillamp bulbs with some red lights which have something like 9 or 10 led's on them and I'd say that viewed from an angle, they're about the same as regular bulbs, but when viewed directly in front of them, the difference is huge, much brighter!

Claude. :cool: