New Indiana GN owner here

gm5150

Hello to all!
This is my first ever Grand National or any Buick vehicle for that matter.
Since I'm new to these cars, I'm sure I will have plenty of questions for you all :)
Here are some pics of my new lady.

1986%20grand%20national-02-1154.jpg

1986%20grand%20national-01-1154.jpg

1986%20grand%20national-04-1154.jpg

1986%20grand%20national-11-1154.jpg

1986%20grand%20national-15-1154.jpg

1986%20grand%20national-07-1154.jpg

1986%20grand%20national-13-1154.jpg

1986%20grand%20national-12-1154.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome and congratulations on the new whip.

What part of Indiana? Is the car from Illinois?

Rick

Congrats on your new baby and welcome aboard. If your T/B problem can't be solve on this board { It's not a Buick }
Very Knowledgeable folks on here.

Yes, I just picked the car up on Valentine's day from a guy in Illinois.
It was only a 2 hour drive for me.
I live in Avon Indiana.

Last edited:
You need to remove the door panel and adjust the window. Kirban sells a book for this. Nice looking ride.

This helps! Because I paid the classic car shop $500 to install new T-Top seals ( the shop was selling the grand national on co-signment for a local fellow), and didn't know why I still had gaps in the corners of the windows and the edges.
The t-top seal kit was soffseal brand that the previous owner had already purchased, I went ahead and paid to have them installed because I didn't want to screw it up lol. I was certain it came with the pillar seals as well.

Welcome to the site. I'd guess that sled is very low mileage. Congrats of finding such a clean car.
Let us know if you have any questions. Members here have the right to post up pictures of their cars.
However, we'll allow you to abuse the privilege.:D

Congrats and happy spooling. :)
Mike Barnard

Oh yea. I'm sure that you paid a good deal for a car that nice.
The good news: Mark my words. It will be worth much more next year. ;)

Once again. Congrats...

Oh yea. I'm sure that you paid a good deal for a car that nice.
The good news: Mark my words. It will be worth much more next year. ;)

Once again. Congrats...

thank you!
car has 42k miles.
I think I got a very fair price on her.

thank you!
car has 42k miles.
I think I got a very fair price on her.

If you would have said that it had 420 I would have believed it. That thing is super clean.

Hello to all!
This is my first ever Grand National or any Buick vehicle for that matter.
Since I'm new to these cars, I'm sure I will have plenty of questions for you all :)
Here are some pics of my new lady.

View attachment 298266
View attachment 298267
View attachment 298268
View attachment 298269
View attachment 298270
View attachment 298272
View attachment 298273
View attachment 298274

Very nice 86 G/N, those pics where not posted when you posted on the forum about 3 weeks sgo.No doubt about it the previous owner took damn good care of it.

The website of the place I purchased this car at still has it listed on their website lol.
Though I can assure you I am the owner :)
Here I am on the pick up day with my wife posing before I drove her off the lot.
gm5150.jpg

Last edited:
The website of the place I purchased this car at still has it listed on their website lol.
Here I am on the pick up day with my wife posing before I drove her off the lot.
View attachment 299661

Dang, I didn't know IGA sold cool stuff like that. Forget Kroger I am starting to shop at the local IGA. In all seriousness that is a very nice looking car you have.

View attachment 299661

When a guy in his mid 40's stands next to a beautiful 30 year old car and a pretty girl in her mid 20's claims they're both his he's full of whooie, right?
I'm just busting your chops, man. Beautiful GN! Welcome.