New Header Panel

Bob Lob-Law

Not to sound totally ignorant but has anyone mounted the new header panel that full throttle speed sales? I just received mine and the instructions are not the best. The instructions say mount it like the oem piece, but there are no mount points like the oem part. Only two threaded rods with washers and nuts are supplied and nothing else. I would appreciate any help.

There should be four studs on the panel to mount to the core support and the outer studs to the fenders. Then there are 10mm bolts near the head light holes. Before you mount the header panel get it on a table and mount up the head lights and springs and your gonna have to play around with the plastic screw mounts that hold the head light Bezel on. It’s a pain having a good set of files are a must!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply. I have attached two photos of the header panel that I received from fullthrottlespeed. As you can see in the pics, there are no mount points on the area of the head lights. Actually, there are no mount points at all. Did I get a bad header panel? IMG_1873.JPG IMG_1874.JPG
IMG_1873.JPG
IMG_1874.JPG

Its all going to be half-ass bs until Spool Fool's new header panel hits the market. No one makes a quality header panel, only option currently is to find an OE unit.

Mike

Last edited:
You need to drill out the supposedly “marked” headlight holes and use the supplied hardware. I looked at buying one but it’s from Danko, so I passed. I had there rear bumper fillers, the quality was terrible.
They needed so much rework, I junked them.

Wow, totally bummed. I'm just going to have to see what I can do. Thanks for the replies.

Any idea when Spool Fool's header panel is supposed to come out?

Wow I’ve installed a couple of aftermarket header panels and they were nowhere that bad looking! If it hasn’t shipped. Tell them to keep it!! Even the old aftermarket ones had four studs on them like OEM. Worst part is they use to cost under $80 I hate to know what they are charging for that piece!

Thank you for your reply. I have attached two photos of the header panel that I received from fullthrottlespeed. As you can see in the pics, there are no mount points on the area of the head lights. Actually, there are no mount points at all. Did I get a bad header panel?View attachment 314234 View attachment 314235 View attachment 314234 View attachment 314235

Bob do your self a favor and send that POS back and buy a good used GM header Panel . That's the worst header panel I have seen .

Yeah, well I might be stuck with this. I'll give them a call on Tuesday. If all else fails, my son-in-law works at a body shop. He might be able to work on this.
Thanks again for all the help. BTW, Spoolfool said that he is still working on getting a header panel out......

I don’t know there description on their website States all original mounting points are used!! Do you have any pictures of the back of the panel toward the middle?

I'll post some here in a bit. There are no mount points. It only came with two threaded rods. Instructions said "install like oem". I'll post this afternoon.

Here are more pics of the header panel. Also are the two threaded rods included as the "mounting hardware".

Attachments

• IMG_1875.JPG
    IMG_1875.JPG
    467.2 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1876.JPG
    IMG_1876.JPG
    454.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1877.JPG
    IMG_1877.JPG
    526 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1878.JPG
    IMG_1878.JPG