New guy needing help

I thought 2blacklines bought the car from post #41? WTF.

I thought 2blacklines bought the car from post #41? WTF.
I thought that at first,but after reading it a few more times I could see that he did look at this car,rejected it,found another one,decided to pass for a while,then contacted the guy at a later date and made a deal.

Ok, after rereading that convoluted post he did "look" at it and didn't like what he heard/saw. Went back to one he looked at last year and bought that one. Geez. Hopefully the GN he bought will treat him better than the crapper would.

Ok, after rereading that convoluted post he did "look" at it and didn't like what he heard/saw. Went back to one he looked at last year and bought that one. Geez. Hopefully the GN he bought will treat him better than the crapper would.
Pronto this is his car

Pronto this is his car
Hi guys, so for any confusion. NO i did not buy that car. I did meet with the guy. I did not like what i saw. I did not like what he had to say. This car and he made me feel very unsettled. I told my friend that was with me that day, the information i've learned in this thread. His jaw dropped. Told him there is something wrong with that situation. He didn't believe me. Mind you, he's a mustang guy but appreciates all cars. The little knowledge i remember over 20 years ago was enough for me to make an educated decision You guys just hit the last nail on the coffin. IMO, that car is a parts car.

I called a guy I spoke with last year and bought that one. It is a true GN, with a/c, that is able to start and requires a medium restoration. Wonderful old couple.

We have to be very wary when purchasing these types of cars. Things i've heard.
"i don't need to sell it". Response "I don't NEED to buy it".
"it's black, it won't cost that much to fix" Response "what difference does the colour make when the body is rotten".

I"m so happy i have one again. I feel at home. Glad to be part of a group that share the same interests. Glad to share my little experiences and knowledge and be humble enough to accept all of your opinions and knowledge. And, we help each other to move in the right direction when it comes to purchase, restoration, and upgrades. This is so much fun.

Its back up

Right there in the title, Grand National-Turbo T. He's trying to pass it off to newbie as a GN. The question is why is it a salvage title? A friend of mine had a Limited that was a salvage title b/c it was stolen 2 times. Never found out the whole story but the guy he bought it from put a lot of money into it to get it running. It was pretty nice considering. He got it cheap, 6K 15 years ago and didn't do much but beat on it till he sold it. If that was a flood car or fire no way.

In the seller's defense: Its being sold as a project.
For some, it's a project, for others, it's a pile.
No, I have ZERO interest in the car, and no connection to the seller.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200410-103716_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200410-103716_Chrome.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 118
In the seller's defense: Its being sold as a project.
For some, it's a project, for others, it's a pile.
No, I have ZERO interest in the car, and no connection to the seller.
Good point ,but maybe if seller deleted I'm selling MY (1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL) from the for sale ad. And call it what it really is a fake project, that would be the first step to being half way honest...

It was never listed as a project before nor a t type UNTIL i did all the investigating and presented to him what it was not and why i will not be purchasing it.

It was never listed as a project before nor a t type UNTIL i did all the investigating and presented to him what it was not and why i will not be purchasing it.
you mean turbo T ...T types are for prior years ...turbo T are only 87 year ... :sneaky: now that you have done your homework and presented the proper info to the seller... good job.. on your way to becoming a Buick connoisseur...:cool:

The Buick turbo is often thought of as broke man's car.

Either a broke duck wants one at broke duck pricing, or you can become a broke duck owning one, IF you want to do things right. Fact is, if you do it wrong, you will be more broke.

The Buick turbo is often thought of as broke man's car.

Either a broke duck wants one at broke duck pricing, or you can become a broke duck owning one, IF you want to do things right. Fact is, if you do it wrong, you will be more broke.
spitting truth...SOOTH SAYER...:geek: