New guy in NW FL

gorge1087

Hi ya'll, I finally got around getting my account approved. Been active on FB for a while but never really made it here. So here some intro info I guess.

I'm an Air Force guy stationed at Hurlburt Field. I picked up an 87 with the regular bolt ons last March. I try to daily drive it but Northern FL rain+DRs don't mix up. The car needs a good paint work but it looks decent from 20 feet.

I'm not really good at these things so feel free to ask away.

Welcome... not too many of us in the area. Cool Air is nice for the power but traction is horrible this time of the year Post a few pics and your list of mods.

JM, 87 GN, of course black. The paint issue is more of some rust on the roof on the passenger side, just need to save up some money to get her fixed.

bpman, Fort Walton beach area.

SFI, I'll get some pics loaded later and fix my signature too, been busy moving.

Here is my 87, the other one is my dad’s stock 86

Attachments

• E432258C-4FCE-4B51-8139-74A330EEFD58.jpeg
    E432258C-4FCE-4B51-8139-74A330EEFD58.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
  • 7C835640-29A2-499D-A8A8-9284A74FDCEB.jpeg
    7C835640-29A2-499D-A8A8-9284A74FDCEB.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 104
  • 0D78544B-45C8-40D4-824B-770E44041F75.jpeg
    0D78544B-45C8-40D4-824B-770E44041F75.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 95
First and most important is thank you for your service. :)
Great choice on wheels. Please post up mods done. So how's it running? If it's not causing you whiplash or breaking other parts of the drive train, we can fix that here. :D Grab a beer and make yourself at home.

Oh yea, Welcome to the site and happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Thanks for the warm welcome gents!

Mods:

87 GN - 160 t stat, PT6162, CAI, 70mm TB, 50# injectors, TT matching chip, adj FPR, hot wire kit, 3”dp w/dump, 2,800 stall, Hughes deep transmission pan

83 Mini - 1380cc engine, balanced internals, 276 off road cam, ported head, aluminium radiator, header, straight pipe, hif44 carb

Spoolfool, the car is running better that I could ever expect it to (knock on wood). It has been surprinsingly reliable while I daily drove it this past 9 months. I think she is ready for some Alky now

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome gents!

Mods:

87 GN - 160 t stat, PT6162, CAI, 70mm TB, 50# injectors, TT matching chip, adj FPR, hot wire kit, 3”dp w/dump, 2,800 stall, Hughes deep transmission pan

83 Mini - 1380cc engine, balanced internals, 276 off road cam, ported head, aluminium radiator, header, straight pipe, hif44 carb

Spoolfool, the car is running better that I could ever expect it to (knock on wood). It has been surprinsingly reliable while I daily drove it this past 9 months. I think she is ready for some Alky now
Welcome to the sit , You will love the Alky , It sho is fun turning up the boost . Cheers Keith

At this point, a better flowing stock location intercooler will be a good investment. X2 on the Alky injection. Great mod. I'm guessing that you do have a scanmaster?

At this point, a better flowing stock location intercooler will be a good investment. X2 on the Alky injection. Great mod. I'm guessing that you do have a scanmaster?

I do have one, seen it on so many that i forget they don’t come with it. I do have an extra stock intercooler, is the duttweiler neck worth it?

I do have one, seen it on so many that i forget they don’t come with it. I do have an extra stock intercooler, is the duttweiler neck worth it?

Yes. A Dutt neck IC will give you some gains over a stocker. If you're going with a alky set up, you might get something that flows even better. Lots of used stuff out there if you look around. You don't really need a front mount IC for what you will have. Once you get the Alky set up, you will also need a sticky tire, as you will be very traction limited at this point. This will be a solid 12 second car all day long with a safe tune. If you want to spend the time tweaking on the combo and traction, you might even dip into the elevens with it.

Mu bad, I forgot the tires. I’m running 255/60r15 Mickey ET streets on it right now, love them when dry, scared AF when it rains.

I guess I’ll look around for a better IC rather than buy, weld, swap the big neck and then have to upgrade a bit down the road