New Grand National in Peoria, IL. Need to find local GN peers

No data logger but I'd love to get one. Anyone know where to find a used budget unit? From my understanding it increases the refresh rate of the scan master also... is that correct?

I've had so much fun with this car. It still blows me away how fast this Buick is. I've had to replace the wastegate gasket and went ahead and did the turbo gasket as well since it was apart. Tune was checked and verified that it was dialed in at a local performance shop on the dyno and they were very impressed with the car. Brand new rear bumper filler from spoolfool since the other one looked like shit and was a 2 piece with blemishes... Thanks spoolfool. There's just one problem. It is driving a wedge between me and the wife. She absolutely hates the car and won't even get in it. She manages to bring up my Buick everytime we get into a fight, I don't know how, but it is constant. We've worked through some stuff and it's come to the point where she will never be happy unless I sell the car and get something more practical and family focused. I feel defeated. Alas, it's time to post the car for sale and see my summer fun drift away into someone elses hands. I could just effin cry! I really don't want to, but my marriage needs to sell the car. Any suggestions on where the best place to list it would be here in central IL?

I'm sorry to hear that. I've been through the same thing in a previous situation. Don't do anything that you'll regret later but expecially when you're looking at her. It really sucks I've been there. That being said I see that Facebook pages are about the way to sell cars anymore like GN /t type Central or even turbobuick.com Facebook page there are plenty of guys on those pages that will you there know somebody or be able to help you.

Best of luck,

Jay

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I just realized I never followed up with what that last issue was on the previous page of posts. Turned out to be an issue with the ALKY control brain box. Loose wire wasn't allowing alcohol to feed nice and steady. The car was perfect when I'd hold the test button and get on it, but not when rolling into it without manually pressing the button for feeding alky. Problem has been an easy fix and car runs like a raped ape ever since. Knock is never an issue other than some transitional registered knock on gear shifts. But this isn't even true knock I've come to learn. Car is legit. My only gripe now is brakes. Man these cars need brake upgrades when running this much boost! If I were to keep the car, that would be my next project.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've been through the same thing in a previous situation. Don't do anything that you'll regret later but expecially when you're looking at her. It really sucks I've been there. That being said I see that Facebook pages are about the way to sell cars anymore like GN /t type Central or even turbobuick.com Facebook page there are plenty of guys on those pages that will you there know somebody or be able to help you.

Best of luck,

Jay

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks Jay, I hope all is well with you sir. How did your project turn out? ever going to make it into peoria for a show day? maybe a cars and coffee meet or something

WANTED:

A good Women, able to clean,
cook, sew, change oil
and rotate tires.
Must have a fast Buick.

Please send picture
of the Buick

WANTED:

A good Women, able to clean,
cook, sew, change oil
and rotate tires.
Must have a fast Buick.

Please send picture
of the Buick
LMAO.
My wife is superb, she is an excellent cook & she sews. she keeps a clean house. She has changed her own oil in the past but doesn't anymore. She does do her own brakes though with her dad. She is quite handy. She's a good woman, and beautiful, the total package, and the thing I don't understand is... She HAS a Turbo Buick, and in some kind of a$$ backwards twilight zone, that is the problem!

there are a couple of pics earlier in this thread, but I will post more when I get closer to ready to list the car. It's so dialed in now that I was hoping to have a bit of spring time fun before I list it. She wants it listed now, as per our "agreement" or whatever solution we determined in our mitigation process, but I thought I'd dilly dattle in listing it for a bit ;)

Sorry to hear the bad news brother. I have had my GN for 22 years and have been married for 32 years but been playing with Buick's since 1981, four years before the wife. lol She is not overly crazy about the car and doesn't drive it but she has her own DD and play toy so she doesn't bother me.

The Spoolfool's 2 cents

I've had my Buick about 18 years. Had the wife for 25. I think the way she (the wife) sees it, is that if there is going to be another woman in my life. At least it's one that she can keep an eye on and is going up in value. Also. I could be doing much worse things with my time and money. ;)

See. My wife used to hate it when I'd surf big waves or go snowboarding crazy out of bounds stuff where I'd end up having to dig a snow cave to spend the night in.
So what did I do you ask? I took up Skydiving. :D Now she begs me to "just" go surfing or snow boarding. ;)

I figure if you start going to titty bars, she'll have second thoughts about that fine investment that sits quietly in your garage.:)

Hope it works out.
Happy spooling.

Mike B.

The Spoolfool's 2 cents

I've had my Buick about 18 years. Had the wife for 25. I think the way she (the wife) sees it, is that if there is going to be another woman in my life. At least it's one that she can keep an eye on and is going up in value. Also. I could be doing much worse things with my time and money. ;)

See. My wife used to hate it when I'd surf big waves or go snowboarding crazy out of bounds stuff where I'd end up having to dig a snow cave to spend the night in.
So what did I do you ask? I took up Skydiving. :D Now she begs me to "just" go surfing or snow boarding. ;)

I figure if you start going to titty bars, she'll have second thoughts about that fine investment that sits quietly in your garage.:)

Hope it works out.
Happy spooling.

Mike B.

For sure the GN is the second women.

But my wife will say sometimes she is playin 2nd fiddle lol

U know, if it had 4 doors and no wind noise, I bet she wouldn't care so much

Well hell at least go find a nice modded Regal GS or a GSX '97-'04. You'll still have a Performance Buick, not on the scale of the GN but not bad either and she'll get the four doors with no wind noise. If you look hard enough you may even find one that has been switched over to a turbo instead of the SC. And the $$$ you'll get for the GN after buying the GS you'll have enough left over to wine her and dine her. lol

Maybe this guy will sell???

My own personal advice is if you want the car, keep the car, PERIOD. Given that I'm 38 and have been married for 17 years, I have given up 3 vehicles that I regret every day. And about 10 that I don't really care about. When I met my wife I had a brand new Silverado. Whipple supercharged, alky, built transmission with stall converter, lowered with performance sway bars, centerline wheels, and a really nice stereo. It was my pride and joy. It won awards and a lot of street races. I got married and then came my daughter. The truck had 22k on the odometer. Standard cab pick up was not practical. Parted it out and sold it for a family friendly Tahoe. Right after getting that, my daycare situation changed and I no longer needed to drop off or pick up my then 2 kids. The Tahoe drove 8 miles round trip to work and almost never had the kids in it. Money was tight and I sold the Tahoe to save I then went through 3 other cars from Craigslist which served the purpose of transportation until I had a job transfer quadrupling my commute. I then bought a brand new 11 extended cab Silverado. Had for 2 years and again ran into financial bind and traded in for a cheaper payment. During most of this time I was slowly working on my Camaro that I bought for $1000. It was for my wife and she had a lot of input on the build, color, interior and of course it had to be loud. With that car almost done, I was gifted the GN from my mother. It had 44k on the odometer and all original. It had been sitting for 12 years so everyone knows that it wasn't cheap to do spring cleaning and updating to make reliable. I was forced to get the Camaro done or I would never hear the end of how I spent all this money on the car and gave up on it because of the other car. Since then my wife has mentioned that we should get rid of one or both of the cars and I have said absolutely not. 10 years of my labor and $40k in the camaro and the fact that my mom gave me the GN because she knew that I would take care of it and RESPECTED it for what it was, they will stay until I'm ready to get rid of it. They are paid for and won't be able to replace them for what I would be able to sell them for. Stay strong and hold your ground.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If it had four doors, had zero window noise and got 40 mpg most women could still find fault with it. Because we (as MEN) are meant to be the voice of reason. Therefore as 69RSCLONE and SPOOLFOOL2 have pointed out sometimes its best to meet unreasonable demands with unreasonable answers or behavior. Not that I think RS Clones response was unreasonable at all. It's just that if you don't make a stand then where's all the fun in it?

My wife is all of things that you've said and more. And we've been married for 27 years and she actually welcomes the Grand National with open arms. Because to her it's better than riding around in some hot rod wheelie prone Jeep. My Jeep TJ had LSX conversion (so it didn't have to be off road to lift the wheels).

My wife doesn't ride motorcycles (that's a whole other story there) nor go on Jeep rides with me anymore. But, I'm ok with that because I understand certain things make her nervous. However, at least I don't frequent titty bars or spend money frivolously and the like too. I guess my point is that whether they want to admit it or not, most women are attracted to the wild side of us. So if you "tamed down your wild side" for her, then what's left for her to be attracted to? I'm just saying you can't always give them what they want because what they want my be the one thing that drives the wedge between us permanently. So pick your battles carefully and always remember to keep a good hold on your wild side! Because that's how you got her in the first place! Compromise is not always a good thing, trust me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I'm not suggesting that you absolutely have to keep the Grand National, as this may not be the time, nor place to make a stand. Just ask Custer about that, right? However, you might start working this YUGE Sacrifice to your advantage is all I'm saying. Shoot my wife would never even consider asking me to give up the Grand National (cause she knows she'd have to sacrifice far more than she's willing to in order to make that happen)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benny I'm in Champaign. If you still need a local mechanic search for protracracing on the board. He is in Peoria. Send me a pm if you're ever headed this way. Rick

Last edited: