"NEW" GNS Headlight Covers

if they are flat, then they don't follow the contour of the bezels.. a slight curve to match the shape of the nose on the inside and the marker light on the outside as seen from the side of the car would be subtle, but would add just one more layer of coolness. would add some cost and complexity to the manufacturing process, tho..

I think you can probably trust Scot's expertise in this matter....

I think you can probably trust Scot's expertise in this matter....

go look at your car from the side- if they are flat, they won't match up perfectly with the shape of the front of the car. these cars are boxy, but there isn't a truly flat panel on the entire car. every body panel, every body line, has a slight curve to it.
yes, they look better than stock- a set of these would work great to hide my busted up bezels- but they would have that extra "wow" factor if they truly blended with the shape of the nose by having a slight curve to them.
more complex to make and thus more expensive? yeah- but it would be soooo worth it.

go look at your car from the side- if they are flat, they won't match up perfectly with the shape of the front of the car. these cars are boxy, but there isn't a truly flat panel on the entire car. every body panel, every body line, has a slight curve to it.
yes, they look better than stock- a set of these would work great to hide my busted up bezels- but they would have that extra "wow" factor if they truly blended with the shape of the nose by having a slight curve to them.
more complex to make and thus more expensive? yeah- but it would be soooo worth it.

Dude, dude go in the kitchen, go to the cabinet, get your meds and take an extra dose or two. Seriously, when you come out with a new product maybe we can all stand around and tell you how to do it better. How about we come to your job where you make your living and tell you and everyone around you how you don't do it quite good enough.

Let me give you a hint. I have looked at my car from the side, the front, the back, underneath, hell I got shots of my car from underneath from someone standing in front of it (is yours fast enough to do that). There is not one angle I haven't obsessively stared at including the body on one side of the garage and the rolling chassis on the other.

And you know what I did when I decided to black out the headlights, called the best in the business and told Scot I wanted a set of his covers. You know what that guy did, drove six hours, took my bezels out for me (and my tail lights), took them home, installed them himself, arranged to have them tinted, and is sending them back....................Let us know when you find someone better!

Dude, dude go in the kitchen, go to the cabinet, get your meds and take an extra dose or two. Seriously, when you come out with a new product maybe we can all stand around and tell you how to do it better. How about we come to your job where you make your living and tell you and everyone around you how you don't do it quite good enough.

Let me give you a hint. I have looked at my car from the side, the front, the back, underneath, hell I got shots of my car from underneath from someone standing in front of it (is yours fast enough to do that). There is not one angle I haven't obsessively stared at including the body on one side of the garage and the rolling chassis on the other.

And you know what I did when I decided to black out the headlights, called the best in the business and told Scot I wanted a set of his covers. You know what that guy did, drove six hours, took my bezels out for me (and my tail lights), took them home, installed them himself, arranged to have them tinted, and is sending them back....................Let us know when you find someone better!

i'm not saying they are a bad product or saying anything bad about the guy that makes them- i'm just saying it would be cool if someone would make some headlight covers that actually flow with the body lines of the car instead of a flat piece of poly that just kind of sits there. that's all. is that too much to ask? people have been making perfectly flat headlight covers for these cars and every other car with sunken headlights (Camaros, Mustangs, etc) since they came out in the late 70's, but i don't think i've ever seen any that had a bend to them that actually matches the lines of the cars. if i can get my hands on some polycarbonate, i'm gonna make a set for my beater 86 Camaro that i really don't give acrap about with a curve to flow with the curve of the nose.. then when i'm happy with that and know what i'm doing, i'm gonna make a set for my Regal. for me, it's about blending it in seamlessly to make it look like it's an oem part.

again, not saying it's a bad product or anything- but it's been done 100 times before. maybe it's time for someone to add in that little extra "something" to make their product stand out from the crowd.

Scot's do integrate seemlessly. Obviously you have seen the junk that has come before these. The entire purpose behind this product was to make a headlight cover that did not look like it was stuck on with chewing gum like most have in the past.

Scot has produced, again, an over the top incredible product for this community and of course the same old happens around here. Funny thing is after reading a number of your post I realize that you are just one of those guys. 90% of your post are critical, telling someone how you would do it better or they have should have done it differently. Of course you offer nothing, bring nothing to the table, or don't have the balls to risk your own investment to bring a product to market that enhances our cars and community. Why would you when it's so easy to sit in the cheap seats and throw peanuts? What's your excuse, if you can come across polycarbonate, I'm sorry I wasn't aware that there is a global shortage of polycarbonate.

Maybe the only shortages are in your talent and wallet????

I saw them myself this weekend, the are NICE!!! Needless to say there will be a few sets headed to NC:biggrin:

WOW has this gotten off course! :rolleyes:

Novaderrik- The Headlight covers ARE flat! and just for the record there are TWO contours to each bezel...1) From bottom to top (which has a slight curve to it Yes)...2) the other is Side to Side and it looks pretty damn flat to me and fit pretty damn good with using a flat piece of lexan so I was confused when you were talking about contour but weren't specific...

I agree it would be nice to be able to follow the "Top to Bottom" contour but then the covers would be astronomical for the tooling to get them heated to the exact dimensions every single time and then I would be out a bunch of tooling money and No one would want to spend that kind of money for them...

I like to follow the K.I.S.S method...... We improved on them Drastically from the old design and is a MUCH cleaner look than before with the velcro, small aluminum brackets, and door edging that went around each cover... ;)

Buy a pair of these and contour them to your likings....:smile:

Scot W.

I saw them myself this weekend, the are NICE!!! Needless to say there will be a few sets headed to NC:biggrin:
As soon as we get our new shipment of material in I will be shipping a Bunch your way Shane! ;)

Scot W.

These look bad ass. Probably because I have a white car too. I cant get the link to work. How much?

Also, I would reallylike to see your car with black intercooler scoops at the bottom. IT may not look better but I am curious.

There is not one angle I haven't obsessively stared at including the body on one side of the garage and the rolling chassis on the other.

i do that to my girlfriend every now and then.

These look bad ass. Probably because I have a white car too. I cant get the link to work. How much?

Also, I would reallylike to see your car with black intercooler scoops at the bottom. IT may not look better but I am curious.
I have no idea why the links are all of a sudden not working for just some people but they all work for me, Try the banner in my signature because that has been untouched for years and I never had one person tell me that didn't work, If the banner don't work for you it's more likely on your end..

BTW: The Headlight covers are $40.00 + $8.00 shipping... In either Clear or Smoked..

Scot W.

wow those look great. wat a simple and effective idea. I agree with the KISS

I have no idea why the links are all of a sudden not working for just some people but they all work for me, Try the banner in my signature because that has been untouched for years and I never had one person tell me that didn't work, If the banner don't work for you it's more likely on your end..

BTW: The Headlight covers are $40.00 + $8.00 shipping... In either Clear or Smoked..

Scot W.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. There is nothing wrong with my computer or the one at home where it also didn't work.

Your banner works fine. The problem is the actual listing in your store doesnt open into a viewable page when you click on the headlight covers. And your origanal link doesn't work because you linked it right from a page that isn't working. It's just asking me to save the program. You need to re enter the item into the store or something.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. There is nothing wrong with my computer or the one at home where it also didn't work.

Your banner works fine. The problem is the actual listing in your store doesnt open into a viewable page when you click on the headlight covers. And your origanal link doesn't work because you linked it right from a page that isn't working. It's just asking me to save the program. You need to re enter the item into the store or something.
Then just use the banner to access the web site and go to "Accessories" and your there! ;)

The links still work fine for me and many others without having to download files...Not sure what is happening for some but it was entered the same as I always do...

Scot W.

Those are AWESOME, But I just can't bring myself to CUT the factory original headlight bezel's..... Crap.

Those are AWESOME, But I just can't bring myself to CUT the factory original headlight bezel's..... Crap.
Me either, so I bought some chrome ones off of a regular regal out of a junk yard that were all faded, I cut the notches in them and repainted them black.... ;)

Scot W.

im trying to order a set online but it will not work for me either. guess i' ll call it in on monday.

im trying to order a set online but it will not work for me either. guess i' ll call it in on monday.
Tim,

We have been trying to fix the problem and think we finally got it!

Try this link now guy's and tell me if it's fixed for everyone---> GNS

Scot W.

Tim,

We have been trying to fix the problem and think we finally got it!

Try this link now guy's and tell me if it's fixed for everyone---> GNS

Scot W.

Link now works for me. :cool:

It doesn't ask to download a special program just to see the link.