New GN Owner

jevans

I registered to site a couple days after getting my '87 GN, I've been taking in as much information as possible and checking out everyone's cars. There's some really sweet and impressive cars on site. I got my GN turnkey through a trade for my 10.5 Outlaw Mustang as a roller. I had two race cars and it was hard to keep up with both cars, so I thought I would get a clean street car to play with.

This is the first car other than a Ford that I've owned, I've always liked the GN's and I'm really happy with the trade. The car has 128,000 miles on it, but has been restored and has quite a few performance upgrades. I'm still looking into all of the performance upgrades that the car has and starting to make a list of possible future modifications. Looking forward hanging out on site and picking up some ideas from everyone...John

Welcome! Sounds like a nice GN you picked up, please post up some pictures of the car when you get a chance.:cool:

There is plenty of good info that can be found on this site using the "Search" feature and another good idea is to check out GNTTYPE.org~ Turbo Regal Web Site:smile:

here's a few pics of my '87 GN and the Mustang I traded for it...John

01-07-08005.jpg

01-07-08006.jpg

01-07-08007.jpg

10-29-07006.jpg

10-29-07004.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

Nice car you have there. Good luck w/ her. There is good info on here as well as the other Buick BB's. Welcome....:cool:

Nice trade. Im sure its a matter of time for the upgrades to become two race cars again.:biggrin: I said the same thing about "just wanting a street car" Thats a thin line. At least with a buick, it can have all the go fast stuff, AND great street manners. You'll find out, that was the best choice for a street(race) car;)

nice

Both Cars Are Sweeeet!!!
Where Are You Located? Hopefully Coming To The Buick Midwest Challenge This August. Welcome---tim

Thanks for the pics. Looks like a very clean GN.:cool: Your Mustang looked like a sick ride as well!

Lowered Rearend

Here's a few updated pics of the first modification made to my GN. I installed a set Moog #5413 rear coil springs, I lowered the rear about 1-1/2". I'll be installing Bell Tech 2" drop spindles next to lower the frontend. I'll also be changing the wheels and tires, I'll post some pics as soon as I'm finished with the next step...John

03-02-08001.jpg

03-02-08002.jpg

Nice! Did those springs make the drop all by themselves or did you do something else along with the new springs??

Go into the suspension forum and look for discussions about the front drop spindles, a lot of people don't like them!

Nice Ride!!!

Nice ride and welcome aboard.....If you have a girl friend or wife make sure you tell her that you have a gambling habbit when the money starts going bye bye, that way she will not become mortal enemys with the GN....Bye the way your GN badge on the trunk is on the wrong side FWIW......Tim

Nice ride and welcome aboard.....If you have a girl friend or wife make sure you tell her that you have a gambling habbit when the money starts going bye bye, that way she will not become mortal enemys with the GN....Bye the way your GN badge on the trunk is on the wrong side FWIW......Tim

Hey Tim, I've been playing with Hot Rod's for quite a while, there's no fooling my wife. It's more about how much time I spend back in the pole barn and not keeping up with everything else. I did notice from other GN's on this site, that the guy who owned the GN before me didn't reinstall all of the emblems back on the car after he painted it. It's also missing the hood and front fender badges, I plan to put some on this spring...John