New GN owner in NJ

BlueLineFish

Hello everybody. New to the forum from Northern NJ. Finally got my grail car. Found a 1 owner 87 Grand National. 74000 original miles. Owner even had all the sales receipts, dealer info, window sticker and service records. Its sitting in my garage waiting for the weather to get nice so i can get the GN out. If anybody can recommend good GN shops and resto shops in my area it would be appreciated. Want to get the engine looked over and get the small imperfections fixed in the body and get a full respray. I look forward to being here.

Congrats on the purchase brother! Definitely check out the regional section here on the board. Very active members in the tri state area called MAGNA if you didnt already know that. (Mid Atlantic Grand National Association) They have meetups almost monthly. Tons of knowledge at those meets. Jim Dunn in Philly is who I take my car to when I'm in over my head. He is meticulous, no joke. For transmissions it's Michael's trans in Waterford. Near Atco in South Jersey. Enjoy

welcome to you and your car sounds awesome
hope it warns up soon for you guys up there so the fun can begin

Congrats on the purchase brother! Definitely check out the regional section here on the board. Very active members in the tri state area called MAGNA if you didnt already know that. (Mid Atlantic Grand National Association) They have meetups almost monthly. Tons of knowledge at those meets. Jim Dunn in Philly is who I take my car to when I'm in over my head. He is meticulous, no joke. For transmissions it's Michael's trans in Waterford. Near Atco in South Jersey. Enjoy

Welcome aboard. Sounds like a great car :cool:
The MAGNA section of the forum has been "less than active" in recent times (but still good info there)... you can visit the Club website http://www.magnabuick.com/index.shtml and get signed up...
also check out the facebook group, that is where most of the up-to-date info is spread and where you'll find most of the activity..

I'll second Michael's, he's a good mechanic and fellow GN owner. The TH400 he built me has been hammered for 7+ years now.

I'll second Michael's, he's a good mechanic and fellow GN owner. The TH400 he built me has been hammered for 7+ years now.
Third. Michael's built my trans last Spring. Told him to build it for 10's so I could grow into it. Did a great job.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk