New GN Owner from Europe

In the meantime we checked the technical condition of my GN to see if its healthy and what work has to be done to get it through Techinspection needed for the Austrian Paperwork. Also we have converted the lights to Eurospec, as I need H1/H4 Headlights (similar to those Kirbans offers) and Amber Turnsignals (found nice sneaky ones at the Motorcycleshop, more on that later..) in the back over here.. Also we had to convert the Parkinglights from Amber to White.

Next Week we will start with the Mechanical Work Part 1: Repairing the leaking Powermaster..

Nice car! Post photos of the tail lights when you get them done. I’m intrigued.

Gotta love those european yard wide license plates. :D

That’s my next mod, the yard wide license plate.
If I’m not faster than you, at least my license plate is wider than yours. Lol

Gotta love those european yard wide license plates.

Luckily we have 2 different sizes in Austria and the rear Plate is similar to US Size. As we are allowed to Mod the rear one by Law on Import Vehicles it fits very nicely into the Stock Location and there are no problems fliping it down for fueling (already tested using my CVPI License Plate ;)) :)

On the Front we sadly only have those "yard wide" ones, but maybe there is something we can do with it ;)

Nice car! Post photos of the tail lights when you get them done. I’m intrigued.

Thank you :) Everything we do to the Car is reversible, so there is no drilling or cutting involved. We found tiny LED Turnsignals which fit like factory :)

That’s my next mod, the yard wide license plate.
If I’m not faster than you, at least my license plate is wider than yours. Lol

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Luckily we have 2 different sizes in Austria and the rear Plate is similar to US Size. As we are allowed to Mod the rear one by Law on Import Vehicles it fits very nicely into the Stock Location and there are no problems fliping it down for fueling (already tested using my CVPI License Plate ;)) :)

Austria is one of the few countries that has a grip on reality. Gotta love their Prime Minister with his stance on none of that illegal immigrants coming in. Didn't he recently order a wall and fencing and in the pass few days say there would be no more mosques allowed. We cover all topics here. :borg:

Thank you :) Everything we do to the Car is reversible, so there is no drilling or cutting involved. We found tiny LED Turnsignals which fit like factory :)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I prefer the amber turn signals and wish everything here had them.

In the meantime we checked the technical condition of my GN to see if its healthy and what work has to be done to get it through Techinspection needed for the Austrian Paperwork. Also we have converted the lights to Eurospec, as I need H1/H4 Headlights (similar to those Kirbans offers) and Amber Turnsignals (found nice sneaky ones at the Motorcycleshop, more on that later..) in the back over here.. Also we had to convert the Parkinglights from Amber to White.

Next Week we will start with the Mechanical Work Part 1: Repairing the leaking Powermaster..

Oh the woes of the power master. I know why mine failed. If the power steering pump was any indication on fluid service, my fluid was rotten. I converted to vacuum because it works.

Nice car. Welcome to perhaps the greatest owner community I’ve ever been a part of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking car and welcome aboard the best website on Turbo Regals that can be found! I would add a few things to the must import list of parts. Our cars need extra zinc in the oil for the flat tappet lifters. Modern oils have taken out or lessened the zinc content to the point of it not being enough. There is an oil additive called ZDDP that you simply add a small bottle to your oil when you change it and you are good to go.
I'd second the Scanmaster, you can get it in the traditional or the 2 1/8 round gauge style. Also I would recommend removing the stock MAF sensor and changing it to a much more reliable modern LT1 or LS1 Maf. To use a modern style MAF sensor you will need a translator too. This will greatly improve your reliability and even give you some tuning options. Most vendors like Kirbans, Full Throttle or Gbodyparts carry my brackets for mounting the translators too. All of this involves no modifications or holes drilled and can be returned to stock at any point. What computer chip is in the car now? If it's the stock one you should get a new one from Turbo Tweak. The improvement in driving quality of a modern chip is astounding. And again, has some tuning options.

Welcome to the board and just ask if you need anything. There are a great group of guys on here that know a ton!

Austria is one of the few countries that has a grip on reality. Gotta love their Prime Minister with his stance on none of that illegal immigrants coming in. Didn't he recently order a wall and fencing and in the pass few days say there would be no more mosques allowed. We cover all topics here.

I think you mean Viktor Orban, the Hungarian Prime Minister ? They build a 325 mile Fence along their South Border back in 2015.

I prefer the amber turn signals and wish everything here had them.

Back in the 80s there where V8 Regals and other G-Bodys officially offered by GM (Export Models) over here which had different Taillights with Amber Turnsignals fitted from the Factory. But they are Hard to Come by and ruin the Look. I think there are some Situations where Amber Turnsignals are more visible than red ones.

Oh the woes of the power master. I know why mine failed. If the power steering pump was any indication on fluid service, my fluid was rotten. I converted to vacuum because it works.

Mine leaks near or at the Pump. I Already have a Complete Spare Unit, lets see whats needed for the fix ;)

Nice car. Welcome to perhaps the greatest owner community I’ve ever been a part of.

Thank you ! :) This is indeed a Great Community and maybe the best Car Forum ever ;)

Great looking car and welcome aboard the best website on Turbo Regals that can be found!

Thank you ! :) As stated above this is maybe the Best Car related Forum yet for me with many true Carguys/gals ;)

I would add a few things to the must import list of parts. Our cars need extra zinc in the oil for the flat tappet lifters. Modern oils have taken out or lessened the zinc content to the point of it not being enough. There is an oil additive called ZDDP that you simply add a small bottle to your oil when you change it and you are good to go.

Thank you for this tip. Already saw ZDDP when browsing Dennis Kirbans Website, but didn't looked further. Which Engine Oil would be the best for the LC2 Engine, mixed with the ZDDP ?

'd second the Scanmaster, you can get it in the traditional or the 2 1/8 round gauge style.

I Already got a Scanmaster 2.1 ;) Planning on expanding it with a Powerlogger :)

Also I would recommend removing the stock MAF sensor and changing it to a much more reliable modern LT1 or LS1 Maf. To use a modern style MAF sensor you will need a translator too. This will greatly improve your reliability and even give you some tuning options.

Currently, there still is the Stock MAF in Place. But I'm planning to replace it. I found a Great Deal on a used MAFT Gen II on the Board, currently it is on its way to me. I liked the possibilities it offeres + Caspers Plug'n Play Harness which preserves the ECM Factory Wiring in Case there is something that needs to be spliced or cutted.. :)

What computer chip is in the car now? If it's the stock one you should get a new one from Turbo Tweak. The improvement in driving quality of a modern chip is astounding. And again, has some tuning options.

Haven't looked yet, but there is a 99.9% chance its the Stock Chip. Bundled with the Gen II there come 2 Extender Extreme G Chips (for 60lbs Injectors), the Plan is to buy a 60lbs Injector / Chip Combo from TT and use it as a Starting Point. For Emissions Testing (Every 2 Years on Historic Vehicles over here) I also would need an Emissions Chip from TT I guess ?

Thank you ! :) As stated above this is maybe the Best Car related Forum yet for me with many true Carguys/gals ;)

Thank you for this tip. Already saw ZDDP when browsing Dennis Kirbans Website, but didn't looked further. Which Engine Oil would be the best for the LC2 Engine, mixed with the ZDDP ?

I Already got a Scanmaster 2.1 ;) Planning on expanding it with a Powerlogger :)

Currently, there still is the Stock MAF in Place. But I'm planning to replace it. I found a Great Deal on a used MAFT Gen II on the Board, currently it is on its way to me. I liked the possibilities it offeres + Caspers Plug'n Play Harness which preserves the ECM Factory Wiring in Case there is something that needs to be spliced or cutted.. :)

Haven't looked yet, but there is a 99.9% chance its the Stock Chip. Bundled with the Gen II there come 2 Extender Extreme G Chips (for 60lbs Injectors), the Plan is to buy a 60lbs Injector / Chip Combo from TT and use it as a Starting Point. For Emissions Testing (Every 2 Years on Historic Vehicles over here) I also would need an Emissions Chip from TT I guess ?

The factory manual recommended 5w-30, lol. Never did use it and for probably the last 15 years have used the Mobil-1 10w-40, never no additives. But than again you know what they say about opinions. :D

The factory manual recommended 5w-30, lol. Never did use it and for probably the last 15 years have used the Mobil-1 10w-40, never no additives. But than again you know what they say about opinions.

Oh, I see.. The good old Oil Topic :cool:

I think you mean Viktor Orban, the Hungarian Prime Minister ? They build a 325 mile Fence along their South Border back in 2015.

Back in the 80s there where V8 Regals and other G-Bodys officially offered by GM (Export Models) over here which had different Taillights with Amber Turnsignals fitted from the Factory. But they are Hard to Come by and ruin the Look. I think there are some Situations where Amber Turnsignals are more visible than red ones.

Mine leaks near or at the Pump. I Already have a Complete Spare Unit, lets see whats needed for the fix ;)

Thank you ! :) This is indeed a Great Community and maybe the best Car Forum ever ;)
I have a brand new pressure switch if you need it. Bought it from Kirban's thinking that was my issue but it was the pump. PM me if interested.